cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FlexSeal

sac89
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used this product yet on their roof for sealing purposes? Do you recommend it?
18 REPLIES 18

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
The person using the competitor's product is a spastic uncoordinated imbecile

It's a living!

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
I have a simple philosophy, never believe anything you see or hear about a product "As Seen on TV".

My philosophy has served me well.

Are there "As Seen on TV" products that work? Of course there are. The safest bet is to sit and wait for the ones that actually work to be vetted by other consumers. When it comes to new products, I am a follower not a leader.

Anyone notice how those products are normally advertised? The person using the competitor's product is a spastic uncoordinated imbecile and the one using the advertised product looks like a pro?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used the clear on a fiberglass shower pan that had hairline cracks as a temporary fix. Not sure if it did the trick, but it highlighted the cracks and edges of the seal with dirt! Now it looks worse than before.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
You saw it on TV? It's true!

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
I caulked my bath tub with it and it worked fine! Going on 3 yrs. now and no problems. Great product!

Arn
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
BUT WAIT !
I saw them make a boat out of it right there on TV
Well that's just plain dishonest ..

I'd like to see that boat a year later...
Arn

1958 Me
1963 Her
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS
2020 Silverado LTZ Crew, 5.3 Max Trailering Pkg.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The formulation is water soluble, just like latex paint.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
I have a simple philosophy, never believe anything you see or hear about a product "As Seen on TV".

Except... Had an old cat which started having accidents. In my haste to eliminate the odor, found some Urine Gone (or some such snappy and creative title). Had the label "as seen on tv", though I'd never seen it on TV. Tried it, and it did work! The exception to prove the rule, possibly.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:

Two products that did work VERY well for us... actually 3:

The Greenie flying pan. Now, that is a good frying pan. But I've never tried the new brown ones yet.

Next item that is absolutely awesome is the Star Shower. We bought 2 of the originals. One died. I think the transformer got wet, the other still works just fine.

But when the one died, we bought item #3... two of the motion Star Showers... OMG! Are they awesome!

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
BUT WAIT !
I saw them make a boat out of it right there on TV
Well that's just plain dishonest ..
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

sac89
Explorer
Explorer
LOL! Great responses! No more necessary, I will put that thought to rest.
Thanks!

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I used it some around my house. End result: I'll NEVER use it again, and I'll definitely NEVER use it on my camper roof. If you need the rubber roof of your camper sealed, get the right product made for it. It may cost more for the product, but you won't be replacing the damage some knock-off product causes.

RV_Sam
Explorer
Explorer
I would never buy another can or pick up for free if offered to me. Use chewing gum for a temp fix and then repair correctly.