cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flipping axle mounts

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
so what is the going rate for raising the TT by putting the springs on top of the axle?

Guy that rewired my brakes told me he could do it for $400.00
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers
19 REPLIES 19

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Wet bolts are $4 each and you need 4 for a single axle. Much cheaper to buy them separately than in a kit. I replaced my springs at the same time so didn't need bushings.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
$400 isn't bad especially if you are not set up with the right tools. While doing it adding wet bolts is a great idea. I wouldn't do it without welded perches. I also added ezflex but not as important as wet bolts.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I helped my son install the Dexter kit. He didn't have the proper jacks and tools so it took a while. Doing it myself I'm guessing 1.5 hours per axle. His was a single axle.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can buy an 'over/under' conversion kit for $61/axle ......bolt on --- no welding required

Dexter Over/under Kit

And while you're at it do a 'wet bolt' kit $69/axle ---Greaseable bolts, bronze bushings, steel shackle straps

Wet Bolt Kit
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
The only hard part is welding on the new spring perches. That cost me $100 for 1/2 hour labor, and I had to take the trailer to the welding shop, couldn't find anyone mobile that would do it on site.

The rest of it is just unbolting things, replacing anything that's really rusted, welding the perches, and bolting it all back together... Easily done in a driveway with simple tools.

$400 sounds reasonable for a double axle... someone can spend a lot of time fighting rusted over-torqued fasteners.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed