cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor sleeping accomodations

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer officially sleeps 3 (I think actually 4 but no way on the table bed!). We have 2 twin air mattresses for the floor sleepers. We will have 5 people in May. We've only used 1 twin mattress in the past. My fear is no access to the bathroom with 2 aired up. It was tight with 1. So i measured the area and laid on the floor in different directions to see what made sense. Im thinking to buy the small therm a rest trail scout pad which measures 20 x 47 (their legs don't need padding). I can fit 2 better and step over the men easier.

I'm looking creative solutions for adult size young people. My Grandmother always had us sleep on pallets on the floor. We lived and liked it. Also in the past I make the beds (mattress cover, sheets and comforter. I'm going with sleeping bags for future ease - to stuff and go.) We've also thrown the boys when they were kids outside in a tent. I want them to enjoy the trailer so they will come again.

Any creative sleeping ideas?
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200
15 REPLIES 15

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
lovemytt wrote:
Trailer officially sleeps 3 (I think actually 4 but no way on the table bed!).

I'm looking creative solutions for adult size young people.

Any creative sleeping ideas?

JMO, but for just the odd occasion I'd put those "adult size young people" in a tent. We too now have a short couple's trailer which suits my wife and I just fine, including our 80 lb dog. I bought an air mattress thinking that if one of our adult sons decided to join us he could sleep on the floor but the first time he tried it he much preferred the sofa even though it meant dangling his legs over the end. I doubt we'll ever see more than 3 total in our camper but should that ever occur there's no doubt the "extras" would be sleeping in a tent! 😉
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380