cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Floorplans

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
While looking for a new TT in the 25'+ range without a slide out, I have encountered something that really does not make much sense. Availability of standard floor plans in that configuration are limited; however there are many in the bunkhouse configuration. I would think that those wanting to sleep a large number would also want all the room they could get once everyone arose.
18 REPLIES 18

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't spend much time in my TT either. I'm just a weekend camper. I have a girlfriend that sometimes goes along. I have friends kids that sometimes go along. I have a 22 foot TT with no slide and I love it.

I want a shorter TT with a rear bath. I want my dinette to be on the curb side so when I have breakfast in the morning or the occasional rain storm I can set and look out at the campsite.

The only TT's they make like this have no slides. And, they don't make many of them. I sure love the one I have but, it's 24 years old and it doesn't have much life left in it.

I will try to squeeze a few more years out of that and then who knows. I may have to give up camping because I can't find a decent TT. Things can change in time though.

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
patchelect wrote:
As for the comments about only needing the camper for eating and sleeping being the only real needs, I must disagree. There are days that rain falls from the sky or the temperatures may be less than ideal. What then? Shiver outside wrapped in a poncho? Go shopping at Wally World until the skies change?

I must be the odd man out. Ive been camping since '93 Ive only stayed inside my trailer to eat once in all those years. Only because there was a bees nest about a foot away from the camper and I didn't want my daughter or wife to get stung. (They got me about 4 times) the nest was soon eradicated. As far as weather goes. Rain, sleet, or snow, we're outside sitting by the nice warm fire or hanging out under the awning. Or we go into the nearest town and walk around. most of the towns we camp in along the lakeshore have nice touristy shopping districts that are very walk able.

I don't camp to sit inside my trailer, I can do that at home.
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

RamRider
Explorer
Explorer
We sold our 25 foot light weight with a slider and purchased a Airstream 25FB - perfect for the 2 of us.
2014 Airstream 25FB
2016 Ram
Blue Ox Sway Pro
ARE Topper

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
If we could have had our Jayco Jayflight 28RLS exactly the same but without the slide, I would have jumped on it, two big screen TV's and all. As it is, I climb up the ladder and hose the slide top off before bringing it in every time we leave. I would not even consider a TT with a cable or hydraulic operated slide. I'm sold on the rack and pinion underneath. The extra room inside is nice.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 25 ft TT with a 14 inch deep slide. We traded a set of bunks for a bigger bath. Perfect for the travel we do.

Others would find it cramped.

As mentioned, the industry makes what sells. They sold over 400,000 TTs and 5vers last year alone. It seems they know the market.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
patchelect wrote:
For my money a trailer with no sliders or canvas appendages would suit me fine. Sadly the options are extremely limited.

But what do I know? I'm just an old guy looking to get reintroduced to camping after decades of boating and will have to "go with the flow".

Actually I'd say you "know" quite a bit and suggest you trust your instincts. ๐Ÿ™‚ Our current Coachmen is the first trailer we've ever owned with a slide ... having always previously been a non-slide person I'd have been just as happy with yet another and only picked this one because it's especially short (just 19') so even a shallow sofa slide really opens it up AND because my wife decided she really liked this particular model. :W We don't currently long distance travel as much as we used to but at the time we did having no slide(s) was IMO a definite advantage, for obvious reasons. If a non-slide is your preference you don't have "to go with the flow" as every manufacturer does still offer non-slide models - you just gotta look a little harder.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

patchelect
Explorer
Explorer
I'm migrating from boating and have an observation. When I boated as a kid in the 50s and 60's boats had limited facilities and comforts. Over the decades manufacturers installed al sorts of things to make boating less "boat like". For my money they also made boating less enjoyable. I don't need, nor do I want, a flat screen TV on every wall (or any wall for that matter) or a wall sized entertainment system all of which consume space that I would find other uses for. I see the same thing with campers. Slides seem to have become the norm, and if you aren't a fan of them and their potential down sides, you are stuck. As for the comments about only needing the camper for eating and sleeping being the only real needs, I must disagree. There are days that rain falls from the sky or the temperatures may be less than ideal. What then? Shiver outside wrapped in a poncho? Go shopping at Wally World until the skies change? For my money a trailer with no sliders or canvas appendages would suit me fine. Sadly the options are extremely limited.

But what do I know? I'm just an old guy looking to get reintroduced to camping after decades of boating and will have to "go with the flow".
Paul
1969-1970 University of Viet Nam 11B. I was drafted. Agent Orange is still killing and maiming in Viet Nam.

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters wrote:
When we go camping, we don't sit in the trailer all day. Hence, TT only needs to be big enough to sleep in.

I agree. Sleep, change clothes and some meal prep is the only time we're ever in our trailer.

Its funny, I was just having this conversation with somebody last weekend. We've been camping going on 25 years, all in a PUP. Just upgraded to a TT spring of 2012 and I was mentioning how in all those years, we've only ate dinner inside the camper once. because of a nearby be issue and our girls were little.

Rain or shine we are outside. I don't even turn on the TV unless we have storms so I can track it on the radar.
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

Santa_Fe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm good with my non slide bunkhouse Springdale. Enough room for everyone and like a previous poster said, we don't spend all day inside anyway. Not to mention the non slide models are significantly lighter and I'm under 30 feet, so I can fit in smaller campsites. And I have the full wall separating the front bedroom...I agree with the previous poster who was put off by the open layout. I prefer to have the separation.
TV: 2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab
5.7L HEMI V8
4x4

TT: 2016 Keystone RV Springdale 260LE

Have Yorkie, will travel.

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Nash aka: Northwoods Mfg offers plenty of no slide units:

TT Compare

Hope this helpe
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always liked the JAYCO site where you could look at all of the floors plans and compare them to one another... Don't know if they still do that or not...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the line of quality TT from Riverside Dot Com.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Not everyone wants the weight or cost of slides, even families. But most people are willing to compromise something else to get the slides, thus the small market.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
It's called a budget trailer. Or price point. It doesn't have a lot of appeal so when shopping on dealers lot it can be used as a base to sell better equipped TT's.