Explorer
anyone have one? thoughts? opinions?
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
10 REPLIES 10

richk88
Explorer
Explorer
looked at the oasis before buying our revere, build quality on the oasis is the typical entry level build quality found on most other brands.The reason we chose the Revere is the Oasis had lower ceilings and just felt confined inside, We are seasonal campers and spend alot of time camping so we choose the Revere for the more open feel with higher ceilings.
2014 Shasta Revere 27RL
Retired from pulling and went seasonal

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. just starting the homework. Have 1 more season planned for my current setup. Plan was to upgrade sometime between this years last trip and 2019s first. just trying to get my ducks in a row. would normally go used (for me well used is the right way to buy toys and non essential luxuries like an rv) but a new short BH which is about perfect for our family at this stage at that price point becomes a legitimate contender. Obviously I would inspect anything before I bought. just like to gather opinions. I too was worried about the "lightness" of this trailer.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to remember at least 2 separate threads addressing Shasta frame/tongue failure issues recently?
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
For the price, that's a lot of trailer. Most TTs nowadays are built quickly and not carefully, with light weight engineering and materials, and they are unlikely to last long. They could be characterized as pigs with lipstick and heavy makeup. Don't look at them as an investment but as a consumable item.

That said, it depends a lot on how you use and care for it. If a TT has the roof inspected and resealed regularly, is not towed a ton of miles, and is kept under cover when not in use, it probably will last much longer than one that sees thousands of miles of rough roads per year, open sky storage, and little maintenance.

You should go look at it. It's probably on a par with most other Forest River stuff, which means tolerable and usable but utterly unexceptional in build quality. I see they do mention pocket-screwed cabinets, which should be better than the staples some companies use.

You might have to spend twice as much, or more, to get more lasting quality features. Northwood and Outdoors RV are well thought of on this forum. But none of them are without the occasional lemon, I imagine.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
Jebby14 wrote:
boo. I was afraid of that. saw the local dealer has them for much less than I ever figured I could get a used bunk house and this layout works well for our family. shame.

I don't know anything about this particular trailer you've mentioned but I wouldn't be so down based on just one person's opinion, go look at it yourself and make your own determinations whether it's suitable for your particular needs. Obviously others do find this model offers just what they want, otherwise it wouldn't be in the lineup in the first place. :R Go look at it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Absolutely, go look at it. "In the line-up" was my thought as well .
It might work for you if you make sure it's built strong enough. Your opinion is really the one that matters.

If it fits your budget and the floorplan might work, then you need to dig deeper.
You can make up a bed easier using sleeping bags.
If you try the dinette for an hour at the dealership, you might it comfy enough to work for you.
You could wash your hands outside rather than the kitchen sink, if that was a turn off for you.
When buying any RV, you have to try it on like a new pair of shoes, some feel ok , some do not.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
boo. I was afraid of that. saw the local dealer has them for much less than I ever figured I could get a used bunk house and this layout works well for our family. shame.

I don't know anything about this particular trailer you've mentioned but I wouldn't be so down based on just one person's opinion, go look at it yourself and make your own determinations whether it's suitable for your particular needs. Obviously others do find this model offers just what they want, otherwise it wouldn't be in the lineup in the first place. :R Go look at it. ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
First thing for me is number of axels. One is a no no...and at that weight...NO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jebby14 wrote:
anyone have one? thoughts? opinions?

I would never have a trailer with a single axel unless it was a small pop up
Single axel with a blow out and you'll be all over the road
Double axel with a blow out and you'll never even know it unless you look in the rear view mirror and see the rubber pieces coming off

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's inexpensive, I would check the tire and axle ratings, the frame thickness and welds. I would suspect it's thin and not the best weld quality.

Other things that go hand in hand with inexpensive are:

I do not like single axle trailers.
I do not like the idea of using a bathroom with no sink to wash your hands. This forces you to use the kitchen sink where you prepare food ? We are in the food microbiology business so that doesn't fly, especially if you have children.
The dinette does not look too comfortable for a long term rainy day of sitting inside.
The queen bed tucked away in a corner is difficult to make.