cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forest River Wildwood roof question

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
If any one here has a 2016 Forest River Wildwood BHBS, can you tell me what the roof covering is made out of and what maintenance on it if any is required ?

Also the same for the slide outs?

Jack L
Jack & Nanci
6 REPLIES 6

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
"Car wash brush, soap, water" -- do you mean using car wash soap also? I've always heard to keep car wash soap products away from camper roofs due to the petroleum products in them (distillates or something like that).

Yes, the same stuff I use on my cars/trucks.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Tvov wrote:
"Car wash brush, soap, water" -- do you mean using car wash soap also? I've always heard to keep car wash soap products away from camper roofs due to the petroleum products in them (distillates or something like that).

The car wash soap that I use does not contain petroleum distillates. However I think the concern comes from products that are applied to the roof and allowed to rest for extended periods of times like spray on cleaners and conditioners. They soak into the membrane where the petroleum distillates sit and do damage. I don't think that would be a problem for car wash solutions since you're normally diluting them in lots of water, applying the solution to a wet roof, and washing it away immediately.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
You only need basic maintenance for the roof. I wash the roof a couple of times a year with a car wash brush and soap. I normally wash the slides every time I wash the trailer. I'll inspect the caulking and fixtures on the roof for failures after washing.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vulcanmars wrote:
I have a 32BHDS and it has the rubber roof.
Basic maintenance: Wash at least once a year.(Car wash brush, soap, and water) Inspect roof and sealant around vents at least twice a year. Touchup sealant as needed. Same on slides. Try not to bring in your side in with debris on top of the slide.

What year is yours ?

When we bought this, the salesman told us it was a new material that never needed maintenance, and said it wasn't rubber.
That is why I was asking.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 32BHDS and it has the rubber roof.
Basic maintenance: Wash at least once a year.(Car wash brush, soap, and water) Inspect roof and sealant around vents at least twice a year. Touchup sealant as needed. Same on slides. Try not to bring in your side in with debris on top of the slide.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS