Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
7 REPLIES 7

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
I like the light bar on the camper. I wonder if the driver can control it from inside the cab.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Very nice truck-not seeing a lot though as it came from the factory.
Haven't received my issue yet-should be interesting reading. Looks like the camper nose is ON the roof or is it integrated. Noted the pocket stake in the front, not in rear?
Had a friend who put a CJ6 on a Dodge 1 ton frame, had like 10" frame rails, did angled side steps.

Edit: walked in the house new mag laying on the table. Wow- body completely reworked and grafted onto 2012 Dodge chassis & drive train. Complete custom, the '92 Lance on it is untouched.
Looks like digital issues are 2 months out before public for those interested.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/four-wheeler-magazine/toc/
Theres a few pages with more 'off the shelf' truck & campers though not much detail.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting that it is a hard side. Cool truck, though.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
That's cool the way they lifted the truck for ground clearance and then put the drop down side step with lights inside. Talking about the magazine pic.

dadwolf2
Explorer
Explorer
I heard that some of our finest can be found on page 33.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
Here is how to load a 75 Ford

2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what a classic old truck.

I can remember reading about the "New GMC V6" with 351 cubic inches, I wonder if that truck had one inside?

I had a neighbor who built his own truck camper - his 1969 GMC truck had a 9' long pickup bed. Now the standard is 8', and I don't think you can find anymore that are longer.

Personally, I like the 1972 - 75 Ford Super Camper Special. I know a couple of people who had them, with a storage compartment in the bed for the spare tire. The super camper special had a 140" wheelbase instead of the normal 133", to extend the length, and place the rear axle behind the center of gravity on the camper. This worked out well with the then popular 10 and 11' long camper models.

The camper on the front page is probably fairly lightweight one? You really could not load up those early trucks with much more than 2,000 pounds and have them carry the load properly.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com