cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full awning replacement

kimsfa
Explorer
Explorer
Just brought home our new to us 2008 25F Jayco Jay Feather. It is in great condition! Only thing we need to do is get a new awning. The tracks are there and the wiring for it too. It was apparently out in a storm and it ripped it off.
I see many places to order the awning fabric but have no clue what we need for the rest of the hardware. Suggestions on what we need/ where to get it. We are pretty handy, is this something we can do ourselves? Thank you!
2008 Jayco Jay Feather LGT 25'
13 REPLIES 13

kimsfa
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
Call PPL Motorhomes at
1-800-755-4775
They usually have a good price but picture does not readily tell me the length of the awning.
I THINK IT IS A 19 foot eclipse by carefree

We measured from the center tracks and it measured 19 - sorry the pic is upside down.. it is right side up where I pulled it.
We will call them. Thank you.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Call PPL Motorhomes at
1-800-755-4775
They usually have a good price but picture does not readily tell me the length of the awning.
I THINK IT IS A 19 foot eclipse by carefree
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

kimsfa
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
kimsfa wrote:
That's what we were thinking we might need to do... any suggestions for best price? Thank you all for your help

What size?
what Brand?
Cannot search sans particulars

Was able to get the previous owner to take a pic of the sticker on the old roller.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
kimsfa wrote:
That's what we were thinking we might need to do... any suggestions for best price? Thank you all for your help

What size?
what Brand?
Cannot search sans particulars

kimsfa
Explorer
Explorer

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Unfortunately with as many parts as you need, I think you'll find it cheaper and easier just to order an entire new awning assembly.

X2

Jerry Parr
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Unfortunately with as many parts as you need, I think you'll find it cheaper and easier just to order an entire new awning assembly.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm guessing the replacement cost is going to be pretty high $1000 to $2500...

Perhaps a four legged EZ-UP 10x10 patio awning from LOWES might work for you while you are working things out... They will cost less than $100... I see alot of folks using these up over the picnic tables in addition to their trailer awning...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

kimsfa
Explorer
Explorer
The wires are still attached to the track and the control is in the storage compartment. So it looks like we need the roller, the awning and the legs or whatever they would be called....
We can message the previous owner - he still has the old roller I think

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Since everything is missing you need to order a new awning.
Determine what length is the first step. The easy way is to measure the distance between the spots where the old awning was attached to the frame.

If it was an electric awning is there a control for it still mounted inside the trailer?
Does it have a brand name on it?

Then watch the video at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkSRG6ARWMY

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
www.fiammausa.com

We ordered a new awning direct from fiamma. Hope to install it ourselves. 4 weeks lead time. They also have a full assortment of parts available.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest you have a mobile guy do it then you can see how it is done.
Mine has a torsional spring that must be adjusted to help it go up and down.

Or, just order a whole new awning and bolt it on.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Youtube is your friend. Lots of videos on it, and many folks have credited them with explaining the process well and making it easier.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard