cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full wall slides

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
I read on TCM that fridges on full wall slides are noiser because of an extra fan?
Looking for feedback from owners who have this option.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS
17 REPLIES 17

6pac
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Lance 881 with a Full wall slide and have never noticed any noise other than when you're outside
Happy traveling
Chevy 2006 2500HD 4 x 4 Duramax / Allison srw cc sb Fh air bags
Lance 2005 model 881 Max
Doriece & Ernest ( 6pac )

thejustin
Explorer
Explorer
My Host Everest has a large Dometic 8.0 CF Fridge located directly in front of the cabover on the drivers side slideout. I do not notice any noise at all. Just came back from a 9 day camping trip on the Kenai river. I didn't even notice if there was an extra fan, no perceptible noise at all.

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is pretty noisy too. However, we must have gotten used to it as "white noise" because I rarely hear it anymore.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

cigar_100
Explorer
Explorer
i have the same set-up with the fridge in the slide and it has taken me quite some time to stop the fan from vibrating. hopefully its solved. there is not a lot of room to mount it between the fridge and the sidewall and not a lot to screw into. i got it pretty tight at first but traveling over the road took care of that. this last fix i put 2in velcro and re-screwed it. i also put a wedge on the other side for the banging around. i was also told to watch out for the wires getting burned on the coils, so i also attached the to the sidewall also. good luck, i hope i've solved my problem and helped someone else out.

gpascazio
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Eagle Cap 1160 with the refrigerator in the slide and have never heard the fan on the fridge run from the inside of the camper.
2008 Ford F350 dually
6.4 L Diesel
2010 Eagle Cap 1160
300 W of Solar Panels

Bedlam
I wonder if the Norcold sourced fans are quieter and that's why we do not hear them? We know Host uses Dometic - What refrigerator brand does Lance use? Or are these fans installed by the TC manufacturer and not dependent of the model?

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
We have the fridge in the slide. The fan that was in there is 90mm box fan, and very noisy in our case. Talked to Host, they recommend taking it to the local dometic dealer.. Doing research online shows that they simply replace the fan with an identical fan, which also can be noisy.

So I order 2 of the silent computer 90mm box fans, pulled the old fan out, soldered the two new fans in place, and put them in.

Now it's dead quiet.

Roadlover
Explorer
Explorer
We have a AF1150 with a full wall slide and have never noticed any unusually loud noise from the fridge. In fact, I'd say ours is pretty quite to the point of not even being noticed.
"The Journey is the Destination"

2015 GMC Denali 3500 DRW Duramax/Allison
TorkLift Talon Tiedowns, StableLoads and FastGuns with Locks

2012 Arctic Fox 1150 with Dry Bath with Fox Landing and Wobble Stoppers

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the answers. Too many choices in TC's these days, might just have to stick with the old paid for girl for a while.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
With the refer in the slide you don't get a refer roof vent, so that is why they need a fan, can't work as good as the natural flow of hot air up and out the roof
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
It's usually a 4" box fan, similar to what's on a case of your desktop computer. In most cases you won't even know it's on.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
No fan noise on my set up. I do hear it when I walk past it on the outside.
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
Have a fridge on the slide. The fan is very quiet. Never notice it unless I am standing outside roght beside it.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

Bedlam
Our AF has the refrigerator on a slide next to the bed. We do not hear the fan inside and a full wardrobe wall on that side of the bed prevents outside noise. I will add we also sleep with a fan or some other white noise emitting from a sound machine.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD