cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garage sale GOLD!!!!

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Was driving through town yesterday and came across a garage sale so the wife asked if we could stop. Sure why not. Nothing better to do anyway. As I am wandering around I come across 2 little tower electric heaters. They were 1500 watts each. Hmmmmm..... $3 each I took them both. They have thermostats and everything. Figured they could save me some gas on cooler nights not having to run the furnace as much.

Anyway, on to my gold mine find. Came across this P3 in like new condition for $25. The guy had just put it in his truck and used it twice when he decided to buy a new truck that came with a factory brake controller. Of corse I had to rush home and unplug my P2 and plug in the P3 to try it out. LOL Now all I have to do is remove the P2 mount and install the P3 mount. Shouldnt have any trouble getting my money back selling my P2. 🙂

1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS
16 REPLIES 16

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Majorgator - true enough. But a double edge on this sword, his kids really got the benefit. Hard to argue with the end result. I know the guy well, and he really struggles with lots of health issues. No excuse for lotto maybe, but
better than drunk in the gutter, which he is not, ever.

Will leave it there tho, got off topic a bit.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a black motorcycle jacket on a garage sale for $10. Sold it for $115.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
darsben wrote:
No to the lottery ticket.
I have never heard of someone winning twice in one day

True enough, but I have a friend on Cape Cod that won the $10k ticket twice and one $7k ticket all within six months.

He didn't get a penny of it - made the mistake of turning it in himself. State of Mass take all lottery winnings if a parent is behind in child support and gives it to the parent with the kids.

His ex-wife was one happy kitten, DELIGHTED at his good fortune, and the fact he didn't learn the first two times: Have someone else cash the ticket ...

In fact tho' he said he didn't feel put-out by it, because he wants to support his kids, just has a tough time finding work. Bummed him out tho' that $27K less taxes went all at once to a woman he divorced instead of a new truck. Gotta love it!

Guy was behind on his child support and out of work, but scrounges up enough money to buy lotto tickets. I don't feel bad for guy for losing his winnings. And had he of bought a new truck with the money, sounds like he wouldn't have been able to keep it for long.

To the OP, what a great find. Garage sales in our area are just terrible. The vultures come out real early, haggle the **** out of everything they want, then take the items home and have their own yard sale. I have a neighbor down the street that has an "estate sale" about once a month.
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
But how much did the wife spend?

Not a dime although she did suggest the heaters to me.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
But how much did the wife spend?
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm always keeping an eye out for a used HA.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! I paid almost $50,000 for my brake controller. Came with a new truck though :B
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
My new truck had factory brake controller so when we bought our new 5th wheel trailer, I gave my old Prodigy2 to the dealer and asked him to give it to the next young couple that buys their first trailer. He was an honest owner so I know it went to a deserving young couple.

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:

We had a guy here win the smaller lotto twice in one day. He bought two tickets with the same numbers. Doubled his winnings. A $250k lotto, so he ended up with $500k before the IRS took 98% of it.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
darsben wrote:

True enough, but I have a friend on Cape Cod that won the $10k ticket twice and one $7k ticket all within six months.

He didn't get a penny of it - made the mistake of turning it in himself. State of Mass take all lottery winnings if a parent is behind in child support and gives it to the parent with the kids.

His ex-wife was one happy kitten, DELIGHTED at his good fortune, and the fact he didn't learn the first two times: Have someone else cash the ticket ...

In fact tho' he said he didn't feel put-out by it, because he wants to support his kids, just has a tough time finding work. Bummed him out tho' that $27K less taxes went all at once to a woman he divorced instead of a new truck. Gotta love it!
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
It's always the other guy. :S
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good deal! My brake controller is EBay gold :-)...

It's a Draw Tite Intella Stop which is a rebranded Prodigy... I kept watching the listing and it was getting no bids...I think I scored it for around $30.00...good deals are out there.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You can get some good deals at garage/yard sales.
Sometimes you get real lucky. 🙂
Definitely, you should have bought the lottery ticket.