cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get these teenagers outta here!!! Plus magical buff/wax ;)

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
It’s not my teenagers it’s their friends!! And boy they can thrash some stuff, One downside to a TC that I didn’t think about. Well, decided to buy a 2500 lb single axle Dutchman travel trailer to pull with us mainly when we beach camp this summer, and possibly to anza borrego in the winter. Anyone else do this? Figure I can sell the trailer anytime and put them all back in a tent if they don’t take care of it. On another note I found some a buff/wax process that turned this thing look brand new 😉

Front cap done side still chalky

Also restored this apex 9.5 and brought it back to life 😉 (sold it already)
Before

After

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads
24 REPLIES 24

specta
Explorer
Explorer
I see a lot of RV'ers set up tents in their space for the kids.

We have tent spaces in the center of our park that the folks who have full hookup sites are welcome to use with no additional fees.

I have seen a handful of people tow small TTs behind their TC and MH for the kids too.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Nice looking setup anutami!!
How this turned into a parenting thread from a bunch of senior citizens, I'll never know, other than it's par for the course here on arevee.NET!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Rscconrad
Explorer
Explorer
My kids are older now but I would pull the camper off the truck and set a small tent up under the cab overhang. It was always on the pad and mostly out of the rain.

That’s where they stayed and where there stuff stayed.

They seemed to like it and so did my wife and I

AqdasSeo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Every body how are you

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
teens are clumsy and awkward and spaz out whenever movement is required.

Bedlam
We use our enclosed trailer for overflow sleeping if they do not want to use a tent.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Taxman2436
Explorer
Explorer
I’m at #5 just thinking about it. Great job!
Taxman2436
Sturbridge, MA
2022 Ford F350 6.7L Diesel
2023 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bionic Man wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
The key is laying down the law to your own kids, as they are better communicators with their friends than we as parents are. Just let them know -- if your friends don't take care of our things, they may no longer come along on our trips. I'd be willing to bet that would do the trick.

Good one...LOL.

LOL. I'm not disagreeing with that type of parenting, but I will say the foundation for that needs to be laid LONG before teenage years.......

I guess I'm old fashioned in many ways, but when I was growing up and mom and dad had a MH, the kids slept in tents. But regardless, tent or TT, it's better than having them in the camper with you. 😉

How do you lay down the foundation for your kid's friends?

Then again, it seems to be a ***** shoot. I know families where one kid would never dream of breaking the rules but another will do whatever...Good parenting helps but I've yet to come across the foolproof system.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
>> the foundation for that needs to be laid
>> LONG before teenage years.......

Agreed
There is something special about camping in an RV.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bionic Man wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
The key is laying down the law to your own kids, as they are better communicators with their friends than we as parents are. Just let them know -- if your friends don't take care of our things, they may no longer come along on our trips. I'd be willing to bet that would do the trick.

Good one...LOL.

LOL. I'm not disagreeing with that type of parenting, but I will say the foundation for that needs to be laid LONG before teenage years.......

I guess I'm old fashioned in many ways, but when I was growing up and mom and dad had a MH, the kids slept in tents. But regardless, tent or TT, it's better than having them in the camper with you. 😉

How old are your kids?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Good one...LOL.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Good one...LOL.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
DarkSkySeeker wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
The key is teaching teens to care for the TT and enforcing the rules.

My experience with teens and twenty-somethings is I get a "wait, what?" half way through the teachings.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
The key is teaching teens to care for the TT and enforcing the rules.

My experience with teens and twenty-somethings is I get a "wait, what?" half way through the teachings.
There is something special about camping in an RV.