cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good bye 'ole girl

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled the trigger on a new TV yesterday (more on that later), so I want to pay a tribute to my 2003 F150, which has been traded in.

I still remember the day we met. You were calling to me from the car lot. "Buy me, I won't let you down". You were a special edition in honor of Ford's 100 year anniversary as noted on your side emblems 1903-2003. I checked your window sticker; "Tow Package". tow rating; 12,500 GCWR. "yup" I said to myself, should tow the Prowler just fine, and you did. You were my daily driver for 4 years and over 100,000 miles. Never let me down. When I hooked the 6,000 lb trailer up for camping trips, you never let me down. When I took you on hunting trips from Washigton state to Montana, and went places I probably had no business going, you never let me down. Fishing trips near and far, smae thing. When I had projects to do around the house and needed everything from lumber, gravel, rocks, and dirt you hauled em all, and never let me down. When the next trailer came along, it was actually smaller. About 4,500 lbs. You gladly hauled it to the washington coast, or over mountain passes, and never let me down. Six months ago we bought the third trailer that has been in your life. A 2011 Jayco 256RKS. GVWR 7600 lbs. You've given us four camping trips towing it. Never let me down. It's now been 10 years since that day you spoke to me on the car lot and your ticker says 151800 miles, and though you still run like a champ, I could tell on the last trip that you were struggling a bit. Even so, You didn't let me down. So rather than run you into the ground I'm going to pass you on to someone who hopefully will love you as much as I have. I know you won't let them down. Good bye 'ole girl.

So raise a glass of blue Koolaid in a toast to my beloved old truck. In all my years, she's been the best vehicle I've ever had. I'm gonna miss her.

Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze
21 REPLIES 21

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Momma better not read this, she might get the idea that you might be thinking of treading her in next, and that my friend would be a lot more costly! :E :B

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
That...that's just so beautiful I think I have to cry!

Per puttin' the Old Girl out to pasture:
She'd be welcome here at Francesca's Home For Old Girls...no charge! :B
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you took great care of her. She is ageless!

I agree, the new girls are nice too... What is e?
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing fixes a heartache like a new girl! :B

Pics please.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Nice tribute to the Ol' girl

I can remember my wife and I standing at the curb as the truck we dated in and took on our honeymoon was being driven away by it's new owner. We were both crying.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Isn't it weird how we grow attached to a vehicle? I had a motorcycle from before the bride and I were married. It was always too small and not all that comfortable. It needed new tires and was leaking a little coolant. I finally bought a different bike last fall and sold the bike this spring. My wife actually cried a little when the new owner drove away with "our" bike on his trailer.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

bmanning
Explorer
Explorer
OK nohurry...we are in a hurry to find out what your new TV is!
BManning
baking in Phoenix :C
-2007 Volvo XC90 AWD V8
4.4L 311/325 V8 6sp Aisin loaded
6100lb GVW 5000lb tow
-1999 Land Cruiser
4.7L 230/320 V8 4sp A343 loaded
6860 GVW 6500lb tow
RV'less at the moment