Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grey water tank leak

TomP40
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I just bought a 97 Lance Squire 3000 and discovered a leak in my grey water tank fitting.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
It's coming from the coupling leading to the drain out.
In the picture it's the gray colored piece that has cracked badly.
I'm thinking I am going to have to remove the tank to fix.
Thanks in advance,
Tom

2007 F-350 4X4 SB Lariat 6.0 Powerstroke, bullet proof upgrades-EGR, remote oil cooler, stand pipes &dummy plugs, blue spring, water pump, STC fitting...
1997 Lance Squire 3000-My first Truck Camper
19 REPLIES 19

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad it's holding!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

TomP40
Explorer
Explorer
So far no leaks!
2007 F-350 4X4 SB Lariat 6.0 Powerstroke, bullet proof upgrades-EGR, remote oil cooler, stand pipes &dummy plugs, blue spring, water pump, STC fitting...

TomP40
Explorer
Explorer
My fix is this- First I rubbed into the cracks some Plumbers Goop and let cure overnite.
Then I cut some old rubber inner tube to fit, applied plumbers goop to it, wrapped it around tube and hose clamped it.
I'll let you know how it fared.

TomP40
Explorer
Explorer
Northshore,

Thanks for the info!

My shower drains in the black tank also.
That doesn't bother me too much with having the outside shower.

But the camper itself is in excellent condition.
I just bought it home Friday-Saturday night and going over everything and found this and some more minor stuff.

So far, so good!

Tom

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1997 Lance squire lite 165s, same gray tank, same outlet nipple, mine looks exactly like yours and mine leaked also.
I went to Harbor freight and bought a plastic welder, I used the welder to fix the cracks in the outlet nipple, I could not find any filler rod that was compatible with the material of the outlet nipple (drainage part of the tank) I used the welder to fill in the cracks, I then used JB water weld (its a two part putty) and coated the entire drainage pipe. I did the repair with the tank in place, I figured I would give it a shot before removing the tank.
So far so good, no leaks.

I am wondering if in your model Lance the shower drains to the black tank, like mine did.

TomP40
Explorer
Explorer

TomP40
Explorer
Explorer
Took some metal covers off to expose the area.
Everything right there, now to repair.

TomP40
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!
That worked

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
it looks like you copied the link in browser address bar verses copying
(left click) the "direct link" under 'share this photo' in photobucket?
Edit: remove duplicate pic
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

TomP40
Explorer
Explorer

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Tom,
I've had the same problem.
Wayne, Mod on the TC forum, gave me this link to use and it works...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/201045551/Forums/PhotoUpload/RV.NET-Photo-Upload.html

You post the images Address and it converts you to a usable link for the forums.

Then post "THAT" link in the messages for the Photo link..

Hope that helps, trying to keep up with the various photo/forums is not easy, each time they change there'a a upgrade needed on the other end...

cheers..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10’ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow N’ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
TomP40 wrote:
Help with posting photo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/201045551/Forums/PhotoUpload/RV.NET-Photo-Upload.html
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We can't see the picture. :B

Depending on the crack and if you cam get at it, it may be worth trying J-B Weld before you pull the tank out.

TomP40
Explorer
Explorer
Help with posting photo