cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happijac 4150 wired remote issue

N2BBQ
Explorer
Explorer
Happijac 4150 - Wired remote goes green to red indicating low power.

The batteries are fully charged and I replaced the "Phone headset" coiled cable thinking it might have a bad connection but cannot get electric to stay green. Any suggestions?

Also, what is the size of the Allen key used to manually lift and lower the jacks
10 REPLIES 10

Glacier_D
Explorer II
Explorer II
wnjj wrote:
Glacier D wrote:
Call Happijac and they may fix it for you. Probably the remote went bad. I had the remote (2X) go bad and the motherboard once. Talk to Gary.

2 remotes, a motherboard and 5 jacks? You aren't having much luck with HJ!

You forgot the 4 jack motors that were replaced this past year. One went bad in Sept so I had it rebuilt at HJ. A month after I get it back another one goes bad. In Dec. the third motor goes kaput so I had that one and the 4th one rebuilt at the same time. That is why I say their stuff is designed to fail.
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab/LB, Rancho RS9000XL, Stable Loads, Superhitch and FastGuns. 2009 Eagle Cap 1050, Hickory interior with on-board generator, A/C and Honda EU2000

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glacier D wrote:
Call Happijac and they may fix it for you. Probably the remote went bad. I had the remote (2X) go bad and the motherboard once. Talk to Gary.

2 remotes, a motherboard and 5 jacks? You aren't having much luck with HJ!

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Super_Dave wrote:
I've tried shopping for a wired remote online but not found them. Just finding the wireless versions. I'd like to have an insurance remote in the camper for that day that the light doesn't come on or won't go green.

You can't get them anymore. My brothers' failed on the day he was selling his camper so he sold mine with it. He couldn't get a hardwired one, even from HJ. They eventually "rebuilt" his (after 2 attempts). It seems to be working for me for now but my faith in it is definitely shaken.

The only other option is to convert to wireless which I fail to see the point of. If I ever have to, I'm going to tether it anyway so I don't lose it and also carry spare batteries.

OP, did you replace the "phone" cord with a HJ one? For some stupid, proprietary reason it's not wired like a phone cord (maybe to ensure wire gauge?) The pins are reversed on one end. If you're ever desperate, cut a phone cord and then re-splice it reversed.

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
I've tried shopping for a wired remote online but not found them. Just finding the wireless versions. I'd like to have an insurance remote in the camper for that day that the light doesn't come on or won't go green.

pretty sure my wireless remote also can be used wired, maybe that's why you can't find them as they may be the same?
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try holding the ALL up and ALL down buttons at the same time. That should reset the wired remote to green .

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Glacier_D
Explorer II
Explorer II
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab/LB, Rancho RS9000XL, Stable Loads, Superhitch and FastGuns. 2009 Eagle Cap 1050, Hickory interior with on-board generator, A/C and Honda EU2000

beaver1
Explorer
Explorer
Did you ever find your problem N2BBQ? I just started having the same issue and am trying to figure out what to look at first ..........

N2BBQ
Explorer
Explorer
Thank's Rick,

We haven't done any work lately but that could be it.

Oldtymeflyr
Explorer
Explorer
Recently we had a problem and it turned out to be the circuit board. In pulling on the telephone cable I had torn the connector out of the board and it was done, I could not get it to work, there seemed to be another connector on the other side of the board, that did not work either. The cost for a repair/replacement was $60 from Happijac. Since we had added an electric roof lift last year and since the wireless remote would also run the roof motor we bought the wireless unit upgrade. No more connector issues. Happijac was good to work with and since we were on a trip they got things moving very fast to meet our schedule. I really like the wireless unit, its great.

Our camper came with a crank for the Happijacs. Otherwise hit Harbor Freight and get one of their allen socket sets and a 1/2 adapter for your portable drill. On our trip I used the hand crank since I did not have my drill along.

Good luck.

Rick