cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help, Light Horness

Kalait
Explorer
Explorer
The female end of my tight connection was damaged when it came disconnected and was drug about 75 miles on the asphalt of I 35 ๐Ÿ˜ž I need to replace the trailer end which is female, any suggestions. Please!!!!!:o
Kalait

2010 Xterra
2011 Passport 199ml
14 REPLIES 14

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Kalait wrote:
Westend, I went yesterday and got the wiring harness back to the trailer, the only thing I have not been able to check are the brake lights. Everything else is working correctly.

My trailer is 2011 Keystone Passport, the pigtail was abraded so badly one of the 7 pins is totally gone. I have kept the mess so hopefully I can figure out the proper wiring should this happen again.

If your turn signal lamps are working correctly, you will be golden on the brake lights, too. Good job on the repair!
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoyB wrote:
You will be able to replace the whole assy and just connect wire color for wire color in the electrical junction box on the trailer side.

NOTE in the link that westend provided there are TWO versions of 7-pin trailer wiring. The confusing part is that colors themselves are standard but they are mapped completely differently in these two diagrams. I had just went through this adding additional tail lights to my TT.

DON'T just go color for color without knowing for sure which wiring scheme your trailer has.

Kalait
Explorer
Explorer
Westend, I went yesterday and got the wiring harness back to the trailer, the only thing I have not been able to check are the brake lights. Everything else is working correctly.

My trailer is 2011 Keystone Passport, the pigtail was abraded so badly one of the 7 pins is totally gone. I have kept the mess so hopefully I can figure out the proper wiring should this happen again.
Kalait

2010 Xterra
2011 Passport 199ml

westend
Explorer
Explorer
You're going to have to share some more information on what's happened so far and define "didn't help".

So far, all I know is that your trailer pigtail came off and was abraded so bad that you replaced either the connector or the whole cable assembly. If the latter case, you should be connecting the cable assembly back to the original trailer wiring. If your trailer is newer, that should follow standardized color coding.

What is the problem?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC

Kalait
Explorer
Explorer
Westend, I went to that sight as well as the etrailers listed above, the guides did not help :(, I went to the store where the trailer was originally sold, and called the manufacturer without assistance either. Called someone who was recommended which moonlights afterhours. Cost $80.00.
Kalait

2010 Xterra
2011 Passport 199ml

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Ground is white at 7 oclock. Look at the link I posted above, it has the pinout diagrams for both truck and trailer.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC

Kalait
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to rewire my harness to the trailer past some severe road rash, Keystone refuses to assist, Crestview sent me to Keystone. I have a 7 pin harness with white, blue, green, red, brown, black, and blue. I need a diagram for the pin positions and a guess at the ground which I think is the center or pin 7.
Kalait

2010 Xterra
2011 Passport 199ml

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Kalait wrote:
Got my plug last week ๐Ÿ™‚ However now I need the wiring guide. Any Ideas?

Read this;
http://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

westend
Explorer
Explorer
wiring pinouts
'03 F-250 4x4 CC

Kalait
Explorer
Explorer
Got my plug last week ๐Ÿ™‚ However now I need the wiring guide. Any Ideas?
Kalait

2010 Xterra
2011 Passport 199ml

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
check out ETRAILER.COM

They are your best source for all things trailer...

I would replace the whole cable and connector as one piece.

You will be able to replace the whole assy and just connect wire color for wire color in the electrical junction box on the trailer side. ETRAILER has a nice video on how to do this at their on-line site.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The female end is part of the horness. Oh that's funny.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I would go out on a limb here and suggest any good RV dealer would be able to replace the end.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer end connector
'03 F-250 4x4 CC