cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help me indentify the trailer I just bought. Pictures

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought this well preserved trailer as a home for my son who is moving back home to go finish his college education. I bought it without a title, just a bill of sale. There is a vin number stamped into the frame, but no labels anywhere on the trailer. The license plate is stamped 1963, but it almost looks older because it has the original tail lamp and there is only one in the center, no holes where dual tail lights might have been.

Thanks if anyone can help me ID the make of this trailer. It's well preserved because it was under cover most it life, as evidence of the paint job that shows how the owner painted around the support poles of the roof. Hans
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
51 REPLIES 51

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
ken07734 wrote:
Isn't that where Lincoln was born?

I'm still trying to figure out your reply, something in the previous comments I'm guessing, but I'm at a loss to understand. Hans
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gLIE5Xi9rA

except substitute the word trailers for houses.

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II
HJGyswyt wrote:
ls1mike wrote:
Pretty cool. Looks in good shape for the age.

Love the kids shirt...I have the same one. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes he loves Firebirds and Camaros. He has a really nice 3rd gen Camaros, T-top and 5spd manual. Sadly he can't afford insurance on two vehicles so the Camaro is in our barn and his daily driver is our old 96 Silverado Diesel pickup. He's in love with this old trailer though, he loves old things that you can work on and repair (as I do).

Nice to see a 20 year old who loves 3rd gens. I have a nicely modified 2000 Trans Am WS6. I have been to Pacific Raceways with it a bunch.

Both of you are close to me. I am sort of in the middle living out in Poulsbo.
Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
I'll be darned...

I'd bet dollars to donuts that trailer was made by whoever made the 32 footer that's here on our property. Except that this one looks smaller than that, they're alike in most of the details, from the siding to the windows to the coupler latch to the taillights to the interior. Mine has a pocket door in the wall behind the stove- does yours?

It also had an original brochure in it when I got it, but I seem to have misplaced it. That was a real hoot- had a picture of a Nice Young Couple goin' down the road in their sedan with this big ol' monster behind...straight out of "The Long Long Trailer"! :B

I do still have the legal Title, though- had the good sense to stow that with the rest of our Titles. The trailer's identified thereon as an "Angeles"- year of manufacture was 1952 as I recall.

I've never been able to find out anything at all about the brand.

Let me know if you can locate the lost documents. I'll send you a private message the next time I'm in Port Townsend, would love to meet you and see the old trailer. Yes the old trailer has a pocket door that separates the bed room in the back from the living area up front. A previous owner removed a section of wall next to the toilet so the pocket door doesn't have a wall to meet any more and the bathroom is now open to the bedroom. Not a big deal for my bachelor son, who also is a large person, he can use the extra maneuvering room. Can you post a picture of your trailer? Thanks, Hans.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
That looks like the original stove and they are quite valuable in white and if working. Really a cool looking old trailer inside and out!
But does your son plan on keeping the heart motif on the kitchen cabinets? :)-

The regulator on the propane tanks isn't functioning and I removed the tanks from the tongue for the trip home (and they are original, so they are out of compliance, I'll replace with new OPD tanks) but I have every reason to believe that the stove will work. It's still greasy from the last meals cooked on it, and the light in the oven works and the clock works. I though that it was a pots and pan drawer under the oven, but that is the broiler. Yes it very cool. After my son leaves it will be the guest house on our farm. I own a small backhoe and I can stub out sewer/water/electric anywhere on our farm. Yes, the small pink hearts and pink hinges will be gone very soon. Sad that the original birch paneling in the front was painted over. I hope my son picks something conservative in terms of color when he repaints the inside.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
There is one that is very similar sitting on a lot between where I live and town. I'm going by there tomorrow and will see if it has any markings and try to take a pic so I can see if it really does look like yours. Will post more tomorrow night.

Take a picture if you can. I need documentation when I apply for a new title in Washington and pictures of similar units is proof of manufacturing. And then I can try and pin down a year.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
ls1mike wrote:

Yes he loves Firebirds and Camaros. He has a really nice 3rd gen Camaros, T-top and 5spd manual. Sadly he can't afford insurance on two vehicles so the Camaro is in our barn and his daily driver is our old 96 Silverado Diesel pickup. He's in love with this old trailer though, he loves old things that you can work on and repair (as I do).

trnfla
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the one on the TV show "Welcome to Myrtle Manor" on TLC.

I am more empressed with your son and his williness to live to an old RV. You have raised a great kid.
Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
Very cool and looks to be in good shape. Just waiting for a re-do! Can't wait to see the update pictures you're going to post after your son gets moved in. Can I ask what you paid for it?

I happily paid the full asking price of $750 because I can't even build a storage shed for that price. My wife wants my son back in his old bedroom, she is not on board with this old trailer idea, but I believe a 20 year old boy deserves some privacy and I don't really want his friends in our small home (1400sf). We will make it dry and cozy, and yes the pink hearts will have to go! Any real restoration will have to wait until I get it when he moves on. I will apply for a title, but that is a 3 year process in Washington State.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
powderman426 wrote:
The photo of the wheel looks weird as the grease cup isnt centered on the rim.

I assure you it's just an optical illusion, though I was very concerned about towing this old relic 190 miles home with weather checked tires and bearing grease that May have been from the factory. Les Schwab (NW tire dealer) in Ephrata couldn't help me with a bearing repac and I didn't want to buy new tires for one trip, so we aired up the old nylon belted tires on split rims and hoped for the best. We kept our speed right at 60 mph and one wheel ran cold and one wheel ran warm, but no problems.

nypatnva
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like a Richardson.
2016 dodge ram
champion generator 1978 Serro Scotty Highlander (restored)

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be darned...

I'd bet dollars to donuts that trailer was made by whoever made the 32 footer that's here on our property. Except that this one looks smaller than that, they're alike in most of the details, from the siding to the windows to the coupler latch to the taillights to the interior. Mine has a pocket door in the wall behind the stove- does yours?

It also had an original brochure in it when I got it, but I seem to have misplaced it. That was a real hoot- had a picture of a Nice Young Couple goin' down the road in their sedan with this big ol' monster behind...straight out of "The Long Long Trailer"! :B

I do still have the legal Title, though- had the good sense to stow that with the rest of our Titles. The trailer's identified thereon as an "Angeles"- year of manufacture was 1952 as I recall.

I've never been able to find out anything at all about the brand.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

ken07734
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't that where Lincoln was born?

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
There is one that is very similar sitting on a lot between where I live and town. I'm going by there tomorrow and will see if it has any markings and try to take a pic so I can see if it really does look like yours. Will post more tomorrow night.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."