cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HEY we need a sticky for our TT pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at 5er's, toy haulers, and slide in, sites and they have a sticky for their rig pics. We don't. I just saw that. Is it just me or do we TT guys and gals need a sticky for our rigs. I say yes we do.
2021 Ram 3500. Torque t285 toy hauler
3,424 REPLIES 3,424

FlightCrew
Explorer
Explorer
The trailer weighs about 4200lbs empty, plus a 1900lb cargo carrying capability. The Mountaineer, with 4.6L V8 tows 6,850lbs. The Fastway Zip is a coiled breakaway cable, they have different lengths for TT's or 5vers. The Fastway Flip sure makes getting a lot of height quick and easy, making the WD hitch bars easier to get on and off. It retracts like landing gear on an airplane and I used the wood blocks I used to have for firewood.
cekkk described the Trojan T105. I wasn't prepared for how heavy they were, and pulling them out at an odd angle is a potential back breaker.
Landed our airplane in 49 states, now time to RV them all
2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2502C
2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
TURK2500 wrote:
rowekmr wrote:
snip....Can I ask what is a Trojan T105?....snip

Battery (link).

That link wouldn't open for me, so, just in case, it's a 6 volt golf cart battery, a true deep draw battery, not simply a marine battery. But I had no idea what a Fastway Zip Breakaway cable was. I just might buy one of those for the new Eagle. Just need to know what length I'll need. As for the jack foot, I'll stick with my cone.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Community Alumni
Not applicable
rowekmr wrote:
snip....Can I ask what is a Trojan T105?....snip

Battery (link).

rowekmr
Explorer
Explorer
Really nice looking TT/TV combo. Can I ask what is a Trojan T105? How much does the trailer weigh ready to go? I have a 06 Explorer that I tow everything except the TT with and love it.

FlightCrew wrote:
Here's our new trailer, a 2011 Rockwood MiniLite 2502S. Have left the hybrid world and are now travel trailer'in it. Got the dealer to include 2 Trojan T105's, swap over my WD hitch (E2), Fastway Flip, Fastway Zip, and put in a 3 12v receptacles. Tows like a dream, and got better gas mileage (uphill and high altitude) than my old hybrid that weighed 600lbs less. Either the extra axle makes that much of a difference or the other one had mechanical issues. Either way, I'm a happy camper.

10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
07 Lincoln Navigator
00 Newmar Dutch Star 3851

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
FlightCrew wrote:
Here's our new trailer, a 2011 Rockwood MiniLite 2502S. Have left the hybrid world and are now travel trailer'in it. Got the dealer to include 2 Trojan T105's, swap over my WD hitch (E2), Fastway Flip, Fastway Zip, and put in a 3 12v receptacles. Tows like a dream, and got better gas mileage (uphill and high altitude) than my old hybrid that weighed 600lbs less. Either the extra axle makes that much of a difference or the other one had mechanical issues. Either way, I'm a happy camper.

Really amazing how light that model is. It's the same weight as my Jay Flight 19BH that I also towed with my 2008 Explorer Sport Trac 4WD 4.6L 3 Valve/6 speed auto truck.

I thought that was a lot of hitch weight for that payload of your Mountaineer/Explorer Clone, but after seeing how light it is, it's a good match up as was my 19BH.

Nice floorplan, enjoy.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

FlightCrew
Explorer
Explorer

Landed our airplane in 49 states, now time to RV them all
2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2502C
2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L

Community Alumni
Not applicable
catdaddyxx wrote:
snip.....With the TV

Ahhhh, your first Wal-Mart camp over :B

Nice TT though!

Bob

Tinbangertom
Explorer
Explorer
I have to agree on the bbq set up. SWEET
:h Tom
:Z Laura
2020 Momentum 29G
2015 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

theroys88
Explorer
Explorer
Catdaddyxx..

We have the same exact trailer and TV as you do. We picked up our 2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH last April from a dealer in PA. The guy that originally owned it had it for about four months and returned it for something bigger. It had never been camped in. Still had wrapping on some of the interior parts and had the new trailer smell and everything.
We recently bought a 2004 Ford F150 Lariet and we have the same TV setup that you do. You will have to share your truck mods with us as we are excited about making it our own.
You are going to love your Jayco. We camped more in 2010 than we did with our popup.
Happy Trails!:)
The Roys
Joseph, Dawn, Aaron & Andrew
Esther & Jackson the camping Shih Tzu's

catdaddyxx
Explorer
Explorer
Dealer sold it as used. Has a few tiny nicks in the wall paper, a few hail dings, and had been tagged. But is dang near brand new. Previous owner was probably a victim of the economy unfortunately.
2010 29' Jayco, Jay Flight 26BH First real camper
1960 Montgomery Ward popup with slide out galley.(Restored in 2010)
2004 Ford, F150 4x4 lariat 5.4L V8, 3.73 gears, pipes, FIPK, tuner.
Many many mods to the truck

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
catdaddyxx - 2010 and new to you? This means to me that it was a previously owned unit, but who would have a unit that nice for such a short time? Looks new to me!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

catdaddyxx
Explorer
Explorer
Just got our new to us 2010 Jay Flight 26BH home and cleaned up.
Took all of a week to start my mods.

Our first TT too.

With the TV
2010 29' Jayco, Jay Flight 26BH First real camper
1960 Montgomery Ward popup with slide out galley.(Restored in 2010)
2004 Ford, F150 4x4 lariat 5.4L V8, 3.73 gears, pipes, FIPK, tuner.
Many many mods to the truck

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
kearlms wrote:
Bbasso wrote:
Today's picture...

Man I wish I was doing this today. Mine is still buried in snow and not warming up much yet. Our first outing will be in April. Still cold but usually the snow has melted enough to get it out.

Same here! But . . . I watch the web cams near you and there's much more snow in your neck of the woods than in mine.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Bbasso
Explorer
Explorer
kearlms wrote:

Man I wish I was doing this today. Mine is still buried in snow and not warming up much yet. Our first outing will be in April. Still cold but usually the snow has melted enough to get it out.

I've been full timing for the past 4 months, Seen ice, snow, 13deg and yesterday and today it's been 70deg ๐Ÿ™‚

kearlms
Explorer
Explorer
Bbasso wrote:
Today's picture...