cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda EU2200i gas or propane?

Freeborn530
Explorer
Explorer
Planning on a buying new Honda generator EU2200i. Truck campers were do you store the gas can? I'm thinking converting it to use propane. What would be the run time with a 20lbs pound tank when using the camper A.C (11000 btu).
10 REPLIES 10

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found a 2 1/4 gallon gas can that just fits on my rear ladder. The can rests on a rung and the top fits between the next rung and the back of the camper. I have long enough legs that I can still climb the ladder if necessary or I can take a minute to remove the can. I also have a 1 1/4 No Spill can that easily fits in my tool compartment.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Fwiw, I don't like using hitch racks unless necessary. Carried generator and firewood on a hitch carrier in AK. Made a plywood box with a drop in lid and everything in it would either get wet, dusty or muddy depending on the day and the road.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Gas...They suck too much propane.
I used one of those newer sealed gas cans...the ones that pour horribly, in the side compartment where other hardware was stored. Or In the summer I only run 1 propane tank and store gas in the propane compartment along with BBQ propane bottles and Coleman fuel. Have stored it next to the camper in the bed too.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
$85 buys you this carrier, so if you install front hitch, you have space for generator, couple of gas cans and spare battery.
Some members even made enclosed boxes on such platform.
Helps with TC stability to have weight in front.

Freeborn530
Explorer
Explorer
Great advise, now I need to figure a place for the gas can. I don't have any of the options listed in other posts.

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
So gas it is!
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
I am a new owner of a EU2200i and I plan on putting a 2.5 gallon gas can in the generator compartment and mounting the Honda up front on a front mounted trailer hitch using a LowPro Lockdown.
Happy TC'N,
David

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Propane is much harder to find and consumption is quite high.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

sbryan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where do I store my gas can? I have a 2.5 gallon gas can that fits perfectly in the passenger side storage compartment where I store the shore power cable and my gray water garden hose. Not sure what others have for outside storage but I would opt for gas over propane simply because it is more energy dense. I can get many hours of generator run time from the three gallons I carry (2.5 plus one in the genny).
Shawn
2013 Ford F350 6.7 CCLB Ruby Red SRW, sway bar, Bilsteins, etc
2007 Cyclone toyhauler, 18,000 GVWR
Northstar Igloo 9.5
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2J3zF6J/0/M/i-2J3zF6J-M.jpg
US Army retired

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gas cans fit well in empty generator compartment.
The deal with propane is not only harder to buy, not only less energy per gallon, but propane carburetors designs stop in 19-th Century.
Meaning the same generator will use 2 gallons of gasoline for whole day, or 5 gallons of propane. YMMY.