cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Host Cascade owners...how long is your hitch extension?

serpa4
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Host Rainer right now, but am eyeballing a Cascade in the future. However, my current extension is bending since it wasn't designed for the length Im using it for.
I have a super hitch, but long ago sold the extension.
Now I'm back into truck campers, and bought a every day extension tube and then put an extra long draw bar in it 16". The whole setup was cheap and my tong weight is about 200lbs. I guess it is a bit more that than since it's bending. Maybe 300?
Any way, need to know how long of a superhitch stinger to get.
Love the camping life. 06 Host Rainier SS, 07 Classic GMC Sierra 3500 DRW.
5 REPLIES 5

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
The length from bed to end of bumper is floor length plus bumper on my 9.5 that 10. You can confirm with Host by giving them a call/email, but I'm prety certain you are talking about 1 ft more length with a 10.5 compared to a 9.5 of the same manufacturer.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

serpa4
Explorer
Explorer
But I don't know how long the Cascade is past the rear of the truck. The host website say it's length, but who knows if it has a longer cab over section and a slighty shorter floor, or if the measurement includes the bumper or step etc. It may not be just 1 foot longer than my Ranier.
If I knew the length from the rear bumper to the rubber snubs at the front of the camper, I'd know how long of an extension to get.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 24 on my Ranier 2.5 inch extension. It works with hitch haul or short ball mount. The Cascade is only 1 ft longer. I think I could go shorter by a bit. You can measure where you want the extension to end. That's what I did.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

serpa4
Explorer
Explorer
Humm, clearing the rear slide. Never thought of that.

Comeoutswingin
Explorer
Explorer
I run a 48" extension for a few reason with my cascade:

I bought it for $100.
and it allows me not to have to un-hitch my trailer to open the rear slide.
2008 Dodge DRW 6.7, 255/80R17, StableLoads
2013 Host Cascade Dbl Slide