Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

night shade rail end caps

I am in the process of restringing my shades. A couple of the end caps need to be replaced due to the string wearing a deep groove in them. Local parts store is out. No eta on when they will get more.Any reasonable online sources?

Throw back to early 2000's to the present

1986 Camper package the I bought and fixed up, The truck need some work before we could even move it we paid $1700 for the package What I found strange that is that they attached the rear Happie-Jac to the bed instead of the bumper. The old tv anten...

1968 Travel Queen Resto Mod - 12. Waste Water

Part 12. Waste Water is pretty much self-explanatory. Is it black? Is it grey? And how is it done in this vintage resto-mod so that advantage is gained in such a limited space? These are issues both planned and pondered as we begin this thread, and h...

Dave_Pete by Explorer II
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

DOWNgrading truck - sanity check please

Hi All. Advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I currently have 2011 Ram 2500 Hemi w/4.10 rear axle. 11400# towing, 2300#payload. RV is 23’ Shamrock hybrid 4900# dry, 6200# GVWR. Had a 2005 Suburban that was terrible at towing....w...

Ram 3500 dually 2wd vs 4wd weights

I been looking at ordering a 2018 2wd ram. (lets not go into the "you should buy 4wd just in case" argument, I have not needed 4wd in my truck ever, only off road is my stone driveway)anyway, I notice the GAWR (gross axle weight rating) on the front...

towpro by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Want to sell Canadian licensed TT in USA

We are snowbirds who spend six months in the US but we are residents of Canada. Two years ago we went to a dealership in Michigan and bought a Lance TT manufactured in the US, which we then imported to Canada and licensed in Canada. Now we wish to s...

gwilhelm by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning light strip

We mostly dry camp and have used the light strip frequently. No problem. However last few times we used hook ups i noticed one LED in the strip was out. Looked an hour or so later and two more were out. I believe the poor quality LEDs do not tolerate...

PaulJ2 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

1968 Travel Queen Resto Mod - 8. Fresh Water

This Part 8. Fresh Water, begins at a stage in our game of rebuilding the left sidewall of the camper. It is here on that side where we run into the utility connections, much of which are fresh water related. Other threads in this Resto Mod are...196...

Dave_Pete by Explorer II
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

First trip for the year!

We de-winterized, sanitized, re-stocked, and took advantage of the long Presidents Day weekend to visit Carolina Beach State Park. Temps in the low 60s made for perfect hiking weather. Here's hoping your camping season starts soon!

ricks99 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

2017 / 2018 Ford Factory 3" Receiver Hitch Extension

Anyone using the 2017 / 2018 Ford factory 3" receiver hitch with an extension while hauling their TC?I had originally planned on getting a big Torklift hitch, but after looking at the massive 3" OEM hitch, I believe I will use that.My extension will ...

BradW by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof Bike Rack System

Hello. We have a great set-up with our TV and TT. We are a family of 5 with 2 big dogs, so we tow with a Ford Excursion. We love to take our bikes which is also great entertainment with the kids, however we don't have a great way to carry them. T...

jbjuices by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

A true all aluminumm T.T.

I went to the Chicago RV show about 3 or 4 years ago and I seen an all true all aluminum built T.T. including the flooring, but I cant remember who the manufacture was. and second what is your take on this concept? thank you in advance.Kennedy

kennyd63 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Woo Hoo! Bought my first pickup truck!

Always owned cars & SUVs for personal use.Had/have many 3/4 ton cargo work vans and a 1 ton box truck for my contracting business.Just signed for my first Pickup truck ever. Getting it in two days.Sheeze, pickups are way pricey compared to vans. Wa...

Video overview of 300 Watts of solar on my AF811

I've had the solar since early 2011. It has worked flawless.300 watts of solarThe only issue I've had was self inflicted. At the end of the video above, Click the link to the video that shows how I screwed up the solar.(bad design on the J-box in m...