cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host double couch TC

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody seen one in person. I'm thinking of ordering one. There is no dealer close to me. Just wanted to hear other thoughts on this one. My wife and I like the pics and video on the Host web site, but it is an 8 hour drive to the dealer and I don't think he has one yet.....Would love to check out the factory but I work full time................If only I didn't have to work.........Bother
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride
39 REPLIES 39

Bedlam
I'm planning on 5000-6000 lbs by the time the tanks, storage and closets are filled.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
There is no way dry weight on that TC is 3360. Someone is fudging the numbers once again. Ive been in one of these monsters and its a big heavy TC, dry or wet.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like dry weight is 3360 lbs. It would take a biiig truck!!

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
insp1505 wrote:
I have not seen one in person but looking at the floor plan I find the bathroom layout interesting. Is the black tank in the slide or do they use some kind of flex hose connection?

The black tank is in the slide.

I like the laundry center in the back slide. I'd give up that little sofa for cabinets in ours.

thomas

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I discovered the video last night and showed my wife. If we were buying new, this would be our preferred option.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Bedlam
As I showed in the previous post, you can also have a laundry center in that slide. Eagle Cap put a free-standing table and two chairs in the rear slide. It is the best seating position if watching TV or the electric fireplace, but the extended foot rest does block the door way.

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
I really dont like the love seat right by the door like that....seems they said" hey, if we put in another slide in the back we can stick a love seat there"
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

Bedlam
If you do not sit with others for a formal meal (visiting kids, friends, relatives), this is comfortable.

The sofa might be a nice option if you get the laundry center instead of the love seat.

I'm not sure if I would give up the U-shaped dinette for a sofa if I already had the love seat. There are times when having a larger table or facing each other is nice.

insp1505
Explorer
Explorer
I have not seen one in person but looking at the floor plan I find the bathroom layout interesting. Is the black tank in the slide or do they use some kind of flex hose connection?

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I haven't, but that's cool. I really like the table. It's a Mammoth for those of you wondering.

Video.

Pictures.

On a side note, I didn't know they started making Expedition Vehicles.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member