Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOST Mystery 12vdc power port!!!???

MaxTrek
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
Any Host TC owners out there who can give me a sanity check??
I have a 2019 Host Mammoth and on mine, in the Generator Bay there is a 12v DC Power port plugin above the Generator next to the Cable connector (under cap).
I was happy about the feature because I have an inflator and macerator which both have a 12vdc power port plug in and the outside location is very convenient.

NOW THE MYSTERY!
This port had no power when first tried. I contacted my dealer, who also contacted HOST and neither had ever seen nor heard of a 12vdc power port on the HOST campers. Even though I purchased from the dealer weeks ago, they were stymied. I sent a photo (attached) and they were still stymied. After a week of correspondence with HOST, they are all still stymied and the official response from HOST is that is not a feature of their product.
Wow, maybe I don’t have a new host Mammoth!
Can all you HOST owners out there check to see if you have a power port in the Generator Bay? I found that it is connected to the Fuse Box location marked Dinnette / Bay; which was not functioning as received. Since replacing the fuse, I now have a working Dinette light and also a working Power Port.
Chasing Horizons!
22 REPLIES 22

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
work2much wrote:
Randall at Host would know if they installed it. If he says no maybe the unit was sold and returned shortly thereafter. I would think that the dealer would be obligated to disclose that. It's actually a neat feature but really odd that nobody can explain it.

In most of the states TC are consider cargo, so they don't fall under resale laws.
Would that be in state where registration is required, the dealer could not go around it.

MaxTrek
Explorer
Explorer
work2much wrote:
Randall at Host would know if they installed it. If he says no maybe the unit was sold and returned shortly thereafter. I would think that the dealer would be obligated to disclose that. It's actually a neat feature but really odd that nobody can explain it.

Randal, from HOST indicated that is not a mfg feature. Hence the mystery. I need to speak to the dealer and learn more about the history.
I agree that it is a neat feature, but it is fused through the main panel for the fuse which servers the dinette slide. If I were to aftermarket install, I would make a higher amperage connection directly to the battery box, which is the same corner.
Chasing Horizons!

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
That power port was not in my 2017 Host mammoth. I ordered mine new.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

MaxTrek
Explorer
Explorer
ticki2 wrote:
You said you bought the unit New . Any chance your dealer brought it in from another dealer who had it in inventory and it was added there for some reason .

Since the Host community here has not corroborated either way, I agree that I need to drill down on the dealer source.
Chasing Horizons!

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
You said you bought the unit New . Any chance your dealer brought it in from another dealer who had it in inventory and it was added there for some reason .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

ryoung
Explorer
Explorer
With the denial from the manufacture, dealer, and no confirmation from your post so far, I would surmise the dealer sold you a used unit.

ryoung
2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, I understand. My question is if someone modified the cable/TV port to serve as a satellite input.
My Winegard Carryout requires a 12 volt DC power source. It came with a power plug that goes into your type of receptacle.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MaxTrek
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Does it work as shore TV connection? Do you need to move cable inside? Would be very easy for satellite connection.

Sorry but your queries are of base. The cable / TV port is a documented feature of the Host Mammoth.

The Power Port, below it, is the Mystery and the Factory says that is not a part of their design.

I am reaching out to other Host owners to help sanity check this and see if anyone else has a 12vdc power port in this location.

I purchased the camper new and have not added this mystery port.
Thanks for your involvement, but I want to say on thread.
Chasing Horizons!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Does it work as shore TV connection? Do you need to move cable inside? Would be very easy for satellite connection.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

MaxTrek
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Is that receptacle just above the power port satellite?

that white covered receptacle is the shore cable connection.
Chasing Horizons!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is that receptacle just above the power port satellite?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

MaxTrek
Explorer
Explorer
Chasing Horizons!

MaxTrek
Explorer
Explorer
Power Port Image attempt: Thank you jimh425![img][/img]