Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT
14 REPLIES 14

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Do you remember the newbe that stored his sewer hose under their wives side of the bed... now he fusses that his wife doesn't likes campers.

I'm sure glad that my Lance has a storage drawer in the bumper. My wife still goes everywhere with me.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

wjkdan
Explorer
Explorer
I have cassette for toilet so only shower and sink water, I use water hose due mainly some places we stay at have found can't get close enough to dump for sewage hose to reach since my (northstar 850SC) valve is located at back. hose storage takes very little space compared to regular hose.

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
BASEMENT!!! "We got no stink'n BASEMENT!".....This Palomino is so small I need to go outside to change my mind.......BADA BING!!!

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L

botts12
Explorer
Explorer
We store ours and all the fittings in a plastic tub with a top and carry it in the basement.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Our truck camper also has full length slide out tray in the rear bumper. Its large enough to hold fittings, even handle/hoses for the Tote along. While link great idea would be hard to incorporate on a TC.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

dodgerdog
Explorer
Explorer
Great write-up Jeff I like it!! I might have to try that on my camper....

Mike C.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
My TC bumper has a hose holder.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 4" ABS DWV pipe with fittings and plugs on both ends so it can be washed out. It is a lot sturdier, and cheaper, than the store bought tubes, but you need to use the thin fittings or the assembly won't fit in the tube.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

silver_creek
Explorer
Explorer
That is a great question... even if you could store the hose in the bumber there is no room for all the fittings. I attched a rubbermaid-like tote, but alot stronger with a lockable lid to the bumber using u-shaped bolts ( the same ones that are probably holding your spare tire to the bumber ). This has worked out GREAT for me. I can fit all 20' of hose and all of the fittings. Another thing I like about it, is that the hose is not inside the camper at all. If you would like to see a picture of how i did it feel to contact me. Good luck

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
JUST JEFF.......AWESOME work and a great write up..........Thank You!
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
I have the plastic fence post as well.
The tray (rain gutter) has no handles on it as I can use the gutter as a support for the sewer hose.
To pull tray/rain gutter out, I have a finger hole cut in at the lower corner of the tray and close to the end (in the angled corner).
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Google returns 7,440 hits from this site for sewer hose storage if you want more examples. Just type this into google - "sewer hose storage site-rv.net" and it will give you results from ONLY rv.net. (Silly emoticons - have to put a colon instead of the dash before rv.net. "site: rv.net" without the space.) Like this: Clicky

Here's how I did mine. Step-by-step with pics here:
http://rv.tothewoods.net/StinkySlinkyMod.html

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/

Sheriffdoug
Explorer
Explorer
Adventurer TC manufacturer, secures PVC pipe that have screw caps at both ends, to the underside of Truck Camper that protrudes over side of truck bed, secured with large stainless steel hose clamps screwed under camper side. Check outside pics on www.amlrv.com go to Adventurer
Truck Campers.
2012 Ram 4x4 Crew Laramie LB 3500 HO Auto diesel
Eagle Cap 1160 Super Springs Big Wig Sway Bar Front Timbrens, Fastguns
RearCam SolarPnl Expdtion Shvel/Axe Kit
Thermopane Windows,, Dcted Heat & R/cycle aircon
Genset WoblStopprs

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. It is a good idea. I've seen some of our DIYers have posted similar ideas. I also like PVC flagpole that you fasten to the ladder with hose clamps.