cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How much for new injectors for a duramax

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
I was quoted 6 grand for new injectors for my 2002 Duramax is that to much?
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs
22 REPLIES 22

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
On my 06' Cummins I added a better lift pump with superior filtration to help the injectors live longer. Is that a possibility with the Duramax?

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds ballpark. Depends on a lot of factors. I hear the new Duramax engines added another injector to keep up with Ford and Chevy in the HP/TQ battle.

Seeing as how it's a known fail, it makes you wonder why they would compound the problem rather than solve it.
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
How much depends on number of qualified shops locally -------what other quotes have you gotten?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
We had all 8 replaces on an '01 GMC truck at work. The cost was $3,800 from an independent shop. I don't remember if the injectors were brand new or rebuilt. We also got a quote from a dealer and they were higher. I think maybe around $4,500 to $5,000.
You're quote of $6,000 sure does sound high.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cameo Phil wrote:
New injectors for a 2002 LB7 engine is about $2300 dollars (parts only) plus $1200 for the core charge which is refundable. Remanufactured injectors run about $1600 dollars (parts only) plus the core charge. The rest of the $6000 would be for installation. Since you need to pull the rocker covers on a LB7 the rest of the dollars ($3700) is labor. Get a detailed listing of the charges and make a decision to see if the charges are in line with this. Bottom line, its probably not too far off on price.

:h
Wow, figuring $100 an hour for labor, 37 hours to replace eight injectors?

One more reason to Keep the 2001 Cummins could likely replace in one day myself, the injectors were only $400 for all six new RV 275 Bosch.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Cameo_Phil
Explorer
Explorer
New injectors for a 2002 LB7 engine is about $2300 dollars (parts only) plus $1200 for the core charge which is refundable. Remanufactured injectors run about $1600 dollars (parts only) plus the core charge. The rest of the $6000 would be for installation. Since you need to pull the rocker covers on a LB7 the rest of the dollars ($3700) is labor. Get a detailed listing of the charges and make a decision to see if the charges are in line with this. Bottom line, its probably not too far off on price.
2002 Carriage Cameo F35CKB
2005 Chevy 3500 LT, CCLB 6.6L Diesel 4X4

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
For brand new, not rebuilt, and installed, that isn't out of line.
Avoid rebuilt injectors unless your dumping the truck soon.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
$6000 does sound high. However, I don't know the going injector replacement in California on a first generation LB7 Duramax but here in West Michigan the only cost I've heard of was $5200 for all 8 injectors replaced at the GM dealership. This was last Fall and may still be valid. The LB7 cost is higher than the later generation LLY engine (started in January 2004 and was labeled a 2004.5 mid year change) because the LB7 injectors are harder to get at (buried) and require more parts removal which means more labor hours for the repair.

The LLY replacement of all 8 injectors I'd heard mentioned was $4600 at the same dealership. Possibly, a reputable and knowledgeable about injector replacement private owned repair business may be able to quote a little lower total price as their hourly labor rate is usually less.

Just wondering, how many miles on your 2002 as it's 15 years old now?
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT