cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I think we need a new section...

mdprowash
Explorer
Explorer
... that pertains to the extracurricular activities that go along with camping. Such as.. fishing, biking, 4 wheeling, boating, kayaking, motor cycle, etc.. etc.......... canoeing ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway.. my latest project is this outrigger build for my canoe. Got the idea from an up and coming company. I was close to buying one but decided to try to build one instead. Still need to stain the deck board and will probably carpet it at some point. Have about $110 invested.. vs spending $375 for their product.

11 REPLIES 11

mdprowash
Explorer
Explorer
Test run #1 complete.. Coolers sit about 2 - 2 1/2 inches above water with just the two of us in the canoe. With gear and full coolers.. should be good. We rocked it pretty good and could not tip it. We could put enough weight on one side though to have water come over edge.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
That's a very cool modification. If you could, snap a few pictures of how it sits in the water.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
I like the thought of extra curricular activities
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

mdprowash
Explorer
Explorer
5 coats of solid stain... test day tomorrow.. in the neighbor's pool LOL

Nice set up DJ!

Awesome video of Canooler ๐Ÿ™‚

mdprowash
Explorer
Explorer
K-9 HANDLER wrote:
"extracurricular activities" I do like the sound of that and we need to add a few more
Cool design do the coolers just touch the water line or are they up out of the water only to get wet if support is needed?

They appear to be a touch higher than the water line on the canoe. I'm hoping the highest water line is from when I let a couple of large fellas borrow the canoe... I sure hope they don't drag!

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
I like those canoe modifications!

I guess you have to drink twice as much beer with those outboard coolers, don't want to let one get lighter than the other and tip the canoe, could risk losing all the beer in the river!

I agree, a forum section for 'sports' would be cool.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couple of 2x4s, fishing rod holders and crab floats. But mine won't hold any beer!!! ๐Ÿ˜ž

'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
popeyemth wrote:
You don't need the canoe at all- make a CANOELLA

Red Green's Handyman Tip "Canooler"

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red Green
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
You don't need the canoe at all- make a CANOELLA
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice! But how do you reach for a drink without tipping it? And how do you eat a sandwich and paddle at the same time! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
"extracurricular activities" I do like the sound of that and we need to add a few more
Cool design do the coolers just touch the water line or are they up out of the water only to get wet if support is needed?
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends