cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ideas on how to transport generator on rear of Lance camper

omiles
Explorer
Explorer
Hello out there, looking for ideas on how to mount a generator + jerrycans on the rear of my Lance 820 Camper. Any advice/photos would be greatly appreciated! Heading back up to AK at the end of the month and want to bring a gen this time.
20 REPLIES 20

omiles
Explorer
Explorer
@Reddog1, do you have a photo? Sounds like a great solution.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Probably your best bet is a hitch carrier. That's a lot of weight to be bouncing up and down on the relatively flimsy wall of your camper.
My Honda rack is bolted to my jack bracket, with the ladder only providing stability. My fuel mounting is supported by the ladder. Both have been without issues since about 2006, ans over 100,00 miles.
Both are solidly secured, so they cannot be "bouncing up and down".

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Remove your rear seat, get a Honda EU2000i and store it behind the driver seat. That's what I did before getting my current camper. No gas smells at all and it will be protected from the elements.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a rack made for me out of aluminum that utilizes the jack brackets, and bumper. I have traveled about 80K miles with it mounted this way. Extra gas goes in the wheel wells.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Probably your best bet is a hitch carrier. That's a lot of weight to be bouncing up and down on the relatively flimsy wall of your camper.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
This link has some good ideas on mounting things...

MOUNTING LINK

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS