cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Improving ride quality - suggestions?

Orcusomega
Explorer
Explorer
So I just moved from a F150 to a 350 PSD SRW, and while it tows like a dream, I have received some complaints from the matrimonial unit that the ride is a bit harsh.

Yes, **I** know its a truck! not a car, but when momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy ๐Ÿ™‚

The TV has what I believe to be the stock rear springs as well as air assist bags, and Rancho shocks on all four corners. The ride improves with the air out of the bags in the rear, but I get a lot more occilation...

Suggestions?

Thanks!
bob
2013 Forest River Surveyor Select 305 SV
2011 F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD
18 REPLIES 18

sljkansas
Explorer
Explorer
I notice if my tires are at 80lbs the truck rides rougher that if I run 75lbs. also as others have posted, New shocks may be in order.
Steve & Linda
Son married (1 DIL, 3 granddaughters 1 grandson)
Daughter Married.
Miami Co. Kansas
2004 F350 CC dually 8ft bed 6.0 PSD
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
B&W under bed hitch with 18k companion hitch

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you reduce the bags and get more osculations on bumps, the Rancho's are shot. I would replace them with Bilstien 5100's. That is what I have on my truck and yes the ride is firm, but no osculations, I don't run or need bags.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
I went with this solution:
http://www.sulastic.com/

They are great for removing harshness. They won't make the side softer, just remove the harshness of bad road surfaces, expansion joints, etc.

Also, be sure you aren't running too much tire pressure for the load you actually carry. If you aren't fully loaded to max GAWR, you don't need the full amounts listed on the tire inflation placard.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Try the Roadmaster Active Suspension. It does not give a harsh ride, helps with side to side motion. Check out website. RAS
I like mine( and so the the DW)
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension