cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Inexpensive things for a Jayco 26bh

CountryKim
Explorer
Explorer
I just wanted to share a few things we did to our new 2014 Jayco 26bh. Nothing is permanent and it was all found at Walmart, Ikea and the Dollarama. Hope someone finds it helpful.

I used magazine/file holder to keep my zippy bags, foils etc in place. I also use one to hold the cutting boards and baking trays in the cupboard.

A 3M hook holds a shower caddy for a little extra storage in the shower, you can't really hang the caddy on the shower head securely. I just remove it when we are driving and put it in the tub.

A little hanging storage next to the toilet to hold extra TP, or deodorant etc while you shower. Since the vanity and med cabinet are outside the door it is nice to have a little extra spot inside to put things.

Found some indoor/outdoor pillows at Jysk for the sofa and they come in handy to grab and take outside to the hammock. Found some little pillows at Dollarama to put at the ends of the dinette under the valance.

Hung a power bar with the 3M picture hanging Velcro inside the storage area by the TV. The big plug for the TV kept falling out of the socket and this one seems to work better.

I hate the lights above the bed. I found this lamp for $5.99 at Ikea and it is completely plastic. I will just keep it in the wardrobe during travel. It is very cosy.

Found these Skubb storage bins at Ikea too. They work well in the wardrobe as they fold open to get past that narrow opening. They are just turned on the side for storage bins.

An indoor/outdoor 20x40 mat from Walmart fit perfectly for at the door and the sand sweeps right off. Plus it matches the colour scheme.

My hubby made this safety rail for the top bunk out of some PVC pipe. It works great.

Some hanging storage, also from Ikea, works great in the bunkhouse to hold books, a nightlight etc. it is also reachable from both beds.

And lastly a little bit of art which sums up how we feel perfectly....

Thanks for looking!
13 REPLIES 13

CountryKim
Explorer
Explorer
Chris, funny I notice a wee bit of sag on my side this last trip but I did have quite a few clothes and a few paper back books, etc jammed in there. My husband's side was fine though. I think we will eventually build some type of shelves ourselves to fit that irregular space but for now they work well and I will use them in winter when I clean out the trailer to store the linens in vac bags.

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
CountryKim wrote:
I just wanted to share a few things we did to our new 2014 Jayco 26bh. Nothing is permanent and it was all found at Walmart, Ikea and the Dollarama. Hope someone finds it helpful.

Found these Skubb storage bins at Ikea too. They work well in the wardrobe as they fold open to get past that narrow opening. They are just turned on the side for storage bins.

Thanks for looking!

Kim,

How do the storage bins hold up to the weight with clothes in them? Do they sag at all?

TY for sharing all the great ideas!
Chris
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I cut a hanging storage down and it fits inside the closet door.

Chazloon
Explorer
Explorer
I like it. Thanks for sharing. We just got our 26bh and you gave us some ideas.

Thanks
2013 jayco 26bh
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Nice ideas. But come on, you couldn't find a nicer camper. ๐Ÿ˜„

The 26BH is my favorite as you can see. Congrats on the new camper, you'll love it!

We didn't need anything extra as this camper has the best and most storage we have had in any camper.

Your additions are pretty nice, just be sure wall mounting is in a backer or stud, not just the paneling.

Enjoy your new camper!
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

CountryKim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! I forgot to show that we found a map holder at the $ store for $3 that works great with the help of a little duct tape for holding the fishing rods in the storage area. Those real fishing rod holders are soooo expensive. We love our new trailer and can't wait to take it out again this weekend!

joefrog
Explorer
Explorer
Nice additions!

Canyon-Cruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.
2014 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser 19RBS/2010 GMC Canyon Crew Cab/E2 WDH/Primus IQ controller

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting hanging storage in our bunks, but couldn't decide how to do it.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I like the door mat so much better than ours. Thank you.

Mona4
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing, will be using you file folder caddy.

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
I especially like the 3M hook in the shower - you just solved a problem for me!
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
Nice additions, thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜„
2008 Nissan Armada TV
2007 Trail Cruiser 21RBH HTT