cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

INTERSTATE 2500HC 6 VOLT BATTERY EXPERIENCE

terryrey
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have installed in my Outfitter Apex 8 two Interstate 6 volt golf cart batteries. They are 6 years old and have given wonderful service, but at some point will have to be replaced. After doing some research online, I have decided that good replacement batteries would be two Interstate 2500HC 6 volt industrial deep cycle batteries. Interstate 6 volt golf cart batteries are also classified as an industrial deep cycle battery, so the same longevity and durability features of the golf cart battery are shared by the 2500HC battery - this was confirmed by Interstate Customer Service.

Interstate GC2-XHD Golf Cart batteries are rated at 232 AH (20 Hr rate), weigh 66 lbs, and are 10.25" long X 7.125 wide X 11.125 high. By comparison Interstate 2500HC batteries are rated at 283 AH (20 Hr rate), weight 77 lbs, and are 11.625 long X 7.125 wide X 11.625 high. So for an increase in weight of 11 lbs per battery (22 lbs for two 6v batteries in series) and a slightly larger footprint (which will fit my battery box) the 2500HC's give an extra 51 AH capacity, a 22% increase over the golf cart battery.

So the purpose of my post is to ask if anyone has used Interstate 2500HC 6 volt batteries and, if so, what was / is your experience - good, bad...?

Thanks for your input...Terry
7 REPLIES 7

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not familiar with that model #, as I got the Interstate 6 volt batteries that Costco carries at some stores and use them on my stationary fifth wheel as a backup winter power supply, and they've been holding up well.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been using these batteries (10 of them) in one of my two batteries banks. They have worked flawlessly. I have replaced my first group with the same type and would be willing to replace this set at the time they start showing a steep decline.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
NCRadioman wrote:
So what do you have for a battery box? I'm about to buy these to replace my single 12V DC/Starting battery. Looking for a single box that will fit both batteries in my 5er... (Will probably wind up using 2 single battery boxes from what I can see to this point.) Thanks!

I have a white plastic moulded batt box that resides beneath the dinette seat...It was designed with a pull out tray and to fit two 12v batts. I had to remove the tray to fit two slightly taller 6v GC's, so added an automatic watering set-up from CW that solves the problem... Actually, at only 1/4" taller than the GC's it looks the beefier batts might even fit, yet realistically with 440w of solar and a few years of experience (including full timing) I don't really need the extra amps, In fact I've even switched from Interstate 232 GC's to Costco 208 GC's for $85 bucks a peace and have nothing but good to say about them...Since they are so inexpensive I plan to routinely R&R them say after about 4 yrs just for good measure...

Sorry, I just added a bit more info to my previous...

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
NCRadioman wrote:
So what do you have for a battery box? I'm about to buy these to replace my single 12V DC/Starting battery. Looking for a single box that will fit both batteries in my 5er... (Will probably wind up using 2 single battery boxes from what I can see to this point.) Thanks!

I have a white plastic moulded batt box that resides beneath the dinette seat...It was designed with a pull out tray and to fit two 12v batts. I had to remove the tray to fit two 6v GC's then added an automatic watering set-up from CW... Actually, at only 1/4" taller than the GC's it looks the beefier batts might even fit, yet realistically with 440w of solar and a few years of experience (including full timing) I don't really need the extra amps...

NCRadioman
Explorer
Explorer

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds great but sadly, too big for my battery box...

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
the after sale service, warranty coverage & beyond I have received in Rutland VT / on the road has been similar to what Torklift supplies, ist class !
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011