Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco 23B Freshwater Tank

Fliprrr
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone -

First time submitting a question to the forum. We just recently purchased a Jayco 23B back in June.

Our most recent trip did not provide a fresh water hook up so we had to fill our tank at the fill station. Once filled, I was expecting it to last a good part of our week's vacation. Unfortunately, it lasted less than 3 days. Water usage was kept to a minimum (wash dishes, brush teeth, flush toilet, no showers, etc.).

Does anyone have any experience using the freshwater tank on a 23B? I don't know the exact size of the tank (I believe somewhere between 25 to 30 Gals) but felt that I had a full tank before pulling away from the fill station since water was discharging through what I believe to be an overflow tube along the bottom of the trailler.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Captain_Obvious
Explorer
Explorer
On my Jayco 20BH, I lose about 1/3 of my water on the road through the overflow tubes. I added valves on the overflow and now the water stays in the tank. It's possible you are suffering a similar problem. I noticed it because I stopped on a hill and noticed water leaking out. I thought I had ruptured my tank.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen 23b with less than 500lb ccc. Our hybrid has 36F,30G,30G.....family of 4 will blow through 30 gallons in one day. Washing dishes at state parks are done at the state's stainless dishwashing sinks. Showers, and the bath eat through the 30 gallons. I go to state parks with a 25 gallon portable gray tank and (1) 7 gallon aquatainer. I bring 75 feet of fresh water hoses and once in a blue moon I reach a spigot.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

Fliprrr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Wayne. Will try over there as well.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Fliprrr - you will likely get more precise answers on the Jayco Hybrids Forum.

I had a 17Z with similar specs and never used the FW tank for anything more than water while on the road or parked at my storage site. That said based on the rate at which the wife and I fill our grey and black tanks, and given an almost 30 gal FW tank, 2 or maybe 3 days would be the limit if you had really quick navy showers and were very careful when washing dishes and brushing teeth, etc. water usage varies wildly between people so asking on forums would not give any exact answers for you.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
That fresh water capacity (30 gallons probably includes the water heater tank (6 or 10 gallon) so that means a tank size of 24 or 20 gallons.

Which could also be 18-20 gallons actual available water depending on where pump pick up tube is.

24 gallons......3 days.......8 gallons a day. About right.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

howellma
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the specs for a 23B

Classification Light Weight
Length 23'7"
Width 7'6"
Height 8'9"