cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco quality work at its best!

penguin747
Explorer
Explorer
While doing some maintenance on my new to me 2013 jayflight I came across this. Just makes me wonder, was he mad? Was it Friday at 5? Is this his signature?
26 REPLIES 26

penguin747
Explorer
Explorer
Let me clarify, I removed the caulk. Me. I have had this camper in my possession for 2years. When we bought it had front damage and had been camped in maybe twice. Brand new camper. No one else has touched this camper. I removed caulk to put some eternabond on and came across this. No other screw hidden anywhere.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not buying it that what I see came directly from the factory..

...and I'm not a Jayco owner
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:
Yes, I see the screw is off the flashing. Is there also a screw missing? I'd think both of those were covered in caulk at one point and someone removed that caulk. The white caulk tells me someone pulled the caulking off otherwise it would be all brown like the caulking on my 2013.
I agree. The whole thing appears to have been tampered with since it first left the factory.

Who ever, what ever, it is a pretty ugly "repair" job. :?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
there's no way that was like that from factory and did not leak

path1
Explorer
Explorer
"Jayco quality work at its best!"

Sorry to inform you, but Jayco doesn't own the market on that kind of work.

Look at bright side, you caught it and can fix right.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I see the screw is off the flashing. Is there also a screw missing? I'd think both of those were covered in caulk at one point and someone removed that caulk. The white caulk tells me someone pulled the caulking off otherwise it would be all brown like the caulking on my 2013.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
The screw completely missed the corner, I didn't see it at first. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm betting on it being his signature.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

penguin747
Explorer
Explorer
Caulk isn't the issue. Notice the screw?

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I sincerely doubt that JAYCO had anything to do with that hosed up caulking job.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

penguin747
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, camper was brand spanking new. We bought from a sale right after damage and have been working on. This is factory 100%. Bought from best friend and he has had for 2years

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the previous owner had something to do with that. Looks like the vent (or skylight) was pulled off after the caulk had been on there for a while.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran