cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jerem Bought a new truck!

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, the time and opportunity came for me to buy a new truck.

My wife and I just purchased a brand new 2022 Silverado Custom 2wd Crew Cab.

It’s a little more than basic and a huge upgrade (spec wise) over our beloved 2011 Tahoe.

This one has the 2.7l Turbo with 3.42 rear axle. The truck is rated at 9,200 lbs trailer weight (we are going to test that), has 1880 ish lbs of payload and the 8 speed transmission.

The multi-flex tailgate is a game changer for me!

I have to install an brake controller and will probably go with a Redarc Tow-Pro Liberty.

I’m a tech junkie and specifically choose the 2.7 for all it’s capable of (towing and not towing). This isn’t the refreshed version but still pretty gee wiz.

Anyway, I plan on making videos of me installing my brake controller, hitch adjustment, and towing our 7,200 lb TT up and over Monteagle Mountain in TN. If you want to see those let me know and I’ll post links to them here.

Here are a few pics of our new Silver Silverado.

Thanks and have a great day!

Jerem
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~
21 REPLIES 21

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Grit, “refreshed” is Chevy’s way of saying they made a few changes to some models. LTs and above got bigger dash monitors for instance. As I understand it, below LTs got nada.

Work Truck (WT), Custom, Custom Trail Boss, LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, LTZ and High Country
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice looking truck! Hope you got a good deal on it, and we wish you nothing but happy travels!

My opinion, that truck would look really bad azz with black wheels! Also I second looking at adding the GM factory controller if you can, this Ram is my first truck with an integrated controller and it's soooo much smoother than the Prodigy I had in the Suburban.

It's amazing how much power they are squeezing out of these engines nowadays, I would love to see a video of the 2.7 towing 7200 lbs up Monteagle. I know my old 8.1 was working hard with 8500 lbs in tow....and that was with a 4.10 axle.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Congrats on the new hot rod! Sharp looking truck!
I didn't know what you meant by refreshed, as the "old" motor is stout, but 420ft/lbs in the new one? Wow!

Doesn't look like Tennessee there...all the good deals in Flo-rida?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
“ has 1880 ish lbs of payload”

Good lookin’ truck! 1880 is about what I have…1912.

YES, please post your towing videos. None of my friends have the 2.7 so I’d like your opinion. I like your front end better than mine…too much chrome!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
GREAT looking truck!!

Two observations (based on MY opinion):

1. It isn't white! White, white, white. What's the deal with white trucks with so many other better colors to select from? Makes it hard to tell if it's a $100,000 top-of-the-line rig --- or if it's part of a commercial fleet owned by a plumbing company :C

2. LOVE the alloy wheels. They set it off nicely. Again, what's the deal with black wheels, other than the fact that they're much cheaper to produce, fattening the profit margin of the manufacturer. Who convinced everybody that they looked so good? . . . because they DON'T! :E

Again, just my personal opinion --- your mileage may vary :B
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
Re getting a brake controller... possible to get an OEM unit installed? Truck in signature didn't come from the factory with a brake controller.. had dealer install one (an OEM unit, installed as a dealer add-on)... Much better than the aftermarket ones I'd had on previous trucks.. integrated with truck electronics (can display trailer braking power and towing miles) and-more important-is smooth as silky rather than grabby and hard to adjust
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats !!! Nice looking truck. Look forward to your vids.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"