cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping fridge door open while in storage

LASilvey
Explorer
Explorer
We always store our trailer with the fridge open however we will be switching to an indoor facility and they may shift the units around while in storage. My question is, while there's a hundred ways to keep your door open while the rig is still, does anyone else have this situation and a good way to keep the door open yet not banging open/closed in the event the trailer moves? Thank you!
2005 Arctic Fox
2003 Ford F-250 Diesel
1 Hard working hubby/daddy
2 2-legged babies
1 4-legged baby
34 REPLIES 34

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
They make little plastic clips that keep the door ajar yet locked in place. We have been using them for years and the work well.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't tried this, but maybe get a wooden dowel cut to the right length (2 to 3 feet, maybe). Use mini-bungee cords to attach dowel to wire refrigerator shelf. Repeat for freezer. (Thinking of my refrig, which has wire shelves in both sections.)

LASilvey
Explorer
Explorer
nickthehunter wrote:
All the RV fridges that I have seen have a lock that holds the door ajar and locked into that position. Check the manual.

My door has pins you can extend to keep the door from closing however, they don't keep it from swinging open if the rig moves.
2005 Arctic Fox
2003 Ford F-250 Diesel
1 Hard working hubby/daddy
2 2-legged babies
1 4-legged baby

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
All the RV fridges that I have seen have a lock that holds the door ajar and locked into that position. Check the manual.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Once the fridge dries out...two or three days with the door open...I close mine. No issues.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad