cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Springdale 303bhssr

Fireman02
Explorer
Explorer
So I brought my wife to look at some bunkhouse trailers, and she asked the salesman to see the quad bunkhouse. Long story short it looks like we are now buying a Springdale 303bhssr. I did a search and I can't find much feedback on this trailer. I wanted to stay in the 30-33' range, but this is he trailer my wife likes. My tow vehicle should be fine, 2012 6.7 2500 ram.
Anyone regret going this big (35+ feet)?
Feedback on Keystone trailers?
We are getting a pretty good deal $18,500 before taxes so before I finalize the deal any feedback would be appreciated.
One last ? Yes or no on extended warranty's?
Thanks
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Big Horn auto: 20% tint, Line-x, etc..
2013 Springdale 303bhssr
9 REPLIES 9

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing wrong with Stick and Tin. Less to go wrong actually. Simpler construction method.

Regarding manuvering inside the campgrounds. Just remember to take your turns wide, try to stay to the outside of the loops. Look for trees on the inside of the loops leaning towards the road and watch the top of the camper for clearance as you make the turn. Those are the trees that will get you.

doxiluvr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you got a great deal on your Springdale. The floorplan is great and roomy. We have a Sprinter 300FKMS and it is 34' long plus we have the aluminum siding and love it. Plus the trailer has spent most of its life out in the elements including snow and ice. It looks brand new and easy to take care of. All the appliances still work and we have not had to replace anything. We have had no problems with it except to replace a window shade and our dealer took care of that immediately. If we decide to get a new one again we will get another Keystone product.
2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 ChiWeenie - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 2 great-grandchildren
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

Fireman02
Explorer
Explorer
2013 303bhssr used. We went looking at new and walked through this one right after a brand new one. It looked practically new and the price was right.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Big Horn auto: 20% tint, Line-x, etc..
2013 Springdale 303bhssr

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
You are getting a brand new 30' TT for $18K??
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a 31 foot Keystone Springdale for 8 years and we were "pretty" happy with it until receintly. The floor plan just did not work for us any more. But as far as the durability of the camper, we had very, very little problems with it. After a couple warranty issues, it went in for repair only after 8 years to have the brakes fixed. (a wire rubbed and was causing a short), replaced tires once, and changed the battery after 8 years (and then we sold it ... arr... how stupid).

See my "profile" (on the left) and you'll see a photo of it. It served us very, very well!

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
That's a LOT of trailer! Think I'd be less concerned about finding a site large enough and more about maneuvering the TV and trailer around some tight corners at the campgrounds...obviously depends on where you like to camp. Most of the places we enjoy here in West TN, MS, AR, KY would have limited sites that you could get to. We're usually in pretty wooded areas and lots of those trees are right next to the road. Great looking unit and I hope everything works out for you. Enjoy and be careful!
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
that would be too much trailer for me and where we like to camp, but that's not what matters. How and where do you like to camp, and will 34' be an issue?

On the extended warranty, just keep in mind that warranty companies are not in the business of losing money. You are always better off self insuring if you can. Every once in a while you may pay a big bill, but if you decline the extended warranty on everything (appliances, TV's, cars, phones etc.) you'll be better off in the long run.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Fireman02 wrote:
So ..... Long story short it looks like we are now buying a Springdale 303bhssr. . I wanted to stay in the 30-33' range, but this is he trailer my wife likes. My tow vehicle should be fine, 2012 6.7 2500 ram.Feedback on Keystone trailers?
We are getting a pretty good deal $18,500 before taxes so before
One last ? Yes or no on extended warranty's?Thanks

====================================

For a family that trailer floor-plan looks ideal. Congrats !!
A 15,000 BTU Air Conditioner is a must on that size trailer. We have a 2014 Keystone Cougar High Country 321RES that is the same length and sometimes the 15 K isn't enough. Next year I'll be adding another A.C. up front ( it's prewired).
I'm not a fan of aluminum sided trailers as they required yearly reseal maintenance around seals- corners & windows. There's much more side wall flexing when traveling at 60+ MPH down the highways.
An outside kitchen is fine if that's how you like to cook. Just remember if there's an awning over the cooking area then the fumes grease etc... will rise up there.
You tow vehicle is sufficient for this size rig.
The standard dining table allows for extra storage area under the seats (never enough storage area). The front pass through storage area is a nice feature. Also I like that keystone is slowly converting over to arched ceilings in their RV's. Makes the inside look sooooo much bigger.
Have fun & make a lot of good memories.
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
1) In my opinion, no to the extended warranty. Any major issues should show themselves during the factory warranty period. There will be some issues so be prepared for that. That's my opinion and others may feel different.

2) We have a Cherokee 32B, measures 34'-10" tip to tail. We have no regrets on the length. We do alot of state and national parks and always find a spot. Electric sites regardless of length are always a low percentage item in our MD state parks. Typically (1) loop out of (4) or more will be electric. For that reason we always reserve our sites early (we normally have all our trips booked for the year by the end of February). This is required around here whether you have a 25' or 35' camper if you want electric. I would not want any smaller, we really like the boys having they're own bedroom with a door.

3) Your price seems like a good deal on a trailer that should serve you well until the kids are too old to want to camp with you any more. Post pictures when you get it! If buying new, I would want the 15k A/C upgrade instead of the standard 13.5k A/C. Its less than a $250 add-on.