cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Koala Trailers

Briand
Explorer
Explorer
Man, all you oldies and regulars must get sick of so many questions.

Hopefully I will be contributing soon vs just asking random purchase questions.

So if I get it, Skyline, mfg of Koala sold to Evergreen who is now been rolled up into Thor or someone else, don't really know.

Are there any Koala/Skyline owners out there? What is build quality like? Is there any kind of support for them any longer?

If you really like a Koala, would you haggle hard on it since the manufacturer of the RV is toast? Or, would you just move on and get a different model?

I am looking at a 2-6 year old camper. Don't think will will start with a new one. Just way to much risk if we do not use it for many years to come.
'97 F-350, CC, PSD
'02 NL, Ten2000 RD
4 REPLIES 4

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Our Skyline Dart has been relatively trouble free. The fit and finish is still slightly superior to other trailers in its class, in my opinion. We also liked several things Skyline did that others did not, especially as to storage.
I never had to use the warranty, so being an orphan is not a problem.
Really, it comes down to floor plan, what you want, and how itโ€™s been maintained, regardless of the manufacturer.
Good luck and enjoy your search.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Skyline Nomad, 2011. It's been a good trailer. The build quality was really exceptional. At this point, however, I have my own maintenance routine with a trailer shop. They go over the trailer thoroughly to catch anything missed in my plan. I even have found a decal shop. We are considering a larger RV but would really miss our little trailer.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Briand wrote:
I am looking at a 2-6 year old camper. Don't think will will start with a new one. Just way to much risk if we do not use it for many years to come.

Its used, doesn't matter who built it or supposed "quality" of the trailer. Used is used and when looking at used it is more important to figure out if the trailer has been "maintained" by previous owners..

Things like leaky doors and windows, leaky roof ect.. will be more of an issue over some perceived quality difference between brand names.

Folks like to think they got better quality buy buying specific brands, that is a myth.. Every RV has flaws, most flaws tend to get fixed within the first yr of ownership and after that it is normal wear and tear damage.

If you like it and it looks like no obvious leaks have happened and is in a price range that is agreeable to your budget, buy it and use it..

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Once it's past a year old, mfr support becomes generally non existent. All of the interior appliances/equipment is basically the same across lines, they all use the same stoves, reefers, and water heaters.
So look at what you can for build quality, particle board is cheaper than plywood, which is cheaper than hardwood framing etc.
A three to five year old Evergreen isnt going to be much different than other similar price point units from the same era.