cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

L.E.D Replacement light bulbs

wickedstang03
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone point me to the correct bulbs for the interior of my camper and if they are the same as the porch lights? Please include the bulb #... thanks in advance... I want to reduce thebload on the batteries when dry camping... and is their really a big difference?

Forgot to mention its a 2000 prowler by Fleetwood 19n
37 REPLIES 37

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Last Tuesday I ordered these LEDs. It was very hard to pass them up at the price. They came in today. I used 17 and tested the other 3. All worked fine. My guess is that they are about 90% as bright as the 921s. That is just fine because I always thought the 921s were a little too bright. The color is warm white and a little less yellow than the 921s. I prefer the color of these LEDs. I did turn on the radio and listened to FM and AM stations. No radio interference. I am very satisfied with these inexpensive LEDs so far and I have no connection with the company that sold them.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
What's classified as a "certified" LED light? I've never heard that term before.

Here's my write up from a few years ao: My Easy LED Upgrade

Lights are from www.ledtrailerlights.com
Their LEDs have a lifetime warranty.

I am running warm white in the interior lights and cool white outside.
Bob

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
i replaced all my 921 interior bulbs with these. 10 bulbs for 20 bucks.
it sure beats the 17 a piece ive priced at CW and other places. and despite the discription, they are not "super bright"

http://www.amazon.com/GRV-24-3528-Super-Bright-White/dp/B00EKN8FXC/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1430379976&sr=1-5&keywords=rv+led+lights
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

cooperrobt
Explorer
Explorer
Holy cow. Someone turn down the lights.

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes this place is just FUN...
2016 Ford F350 XLT DRW 6.7 SuperCrew 4X4 8 Ft Box
2016 Brookstone 395RL

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
I have nothing to do with LEDlights.com other than having been a customer and an extremely satisfied customer with the quality of the LED bulbs I received and I know LED well and the Kelvin charts also LEDlight.com was only given as an example and because of the quanity discounts ans also free shipping. Others may want to take advantage of getting quality LED bulbs rather than being used! I actually could care less where you or others buy their LED bulbs. You two attacked me and for what is a good question.

On the contrary, it is you who attacked me (and others) who have purchased "cheap" LEDs, suggesting that we are suckers for doing so. I agree that LEDLights.com has some decent prices, but even now you claim that if we buy elsewhere we are "being used". After nearly 2 years of trouble-free use, I will put my "cheap" LEDs up against your certified LEDs any day of the week. I, too, am an extremely satisfied customer, but of the Amazon/eBay retailers that I have purchased LEDs from. And I, too, know LEDs and Kelvin charts well; in fact I am an electrical engineer for a large municipal electric utility in California, and am involved in an ongoing program to change out our HPS streetlights with LEDs, so I take particular issue with your suggestion that I "look it up and learn". I might suggest that you do the same.

I have always advocated choice; for anyone and everyone thinking of going the LED route. Amazon/eBay is just another source that can be utilized. To discount that option entirely is to do a disservice to those considering LEDs. Inexpensive does not always mean bad quality, nor does expensive automatically mean good; the savvy shopper knows that. I'm done here; no group hug, thank you.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

webstrang
Explorer
Explorer
M4products.com Great price, Fast shipping, 2 year warranty on led's..

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
Group hug?
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have nothing to do with LEDlights.com other than having been a customer and an extremely satisfied customer with the quality of the LED bulbs I received and I know LED well and the Kelvin charts also LEDlight.com was only given as an example and because of the quanity discounts ans also free shipping. Others may want to take advantage of getting quality LED bulbs rather than being used! I actually could care less where you or others buy their LED bulbs. You two attacked me and for what is a good question.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Travelnutz,
I agree that there are standards. I disagree that anyone who buys something that is not "certified" is a sucker. On the contrary. I would suggest that anyone who pays $10-20 for an LED array for their RV may be the sucker, since perfectly adequate units can be bought for less than $5. I replaced 28 bulbs in my RV, with LEDs that put out a fantastic amount of light, in a color I find pleasing, using 1/5 the current, at an average of about $4 each, and none have failed in nearly 2 years. And yet somehow that makes me the sucker?

I do agree (and have so stated) that the descriptions/specs listed online need to be taken with a grain of salt. That's simple common sense, and applies to ALL online retailers, including those in the US. That's why the customer reviews come into play as well. And even if you pay $10+ for a so-called "certified" color, how do you know for sure that color is going to be what you want/like in your RV until you get it home and plug it in?

Even your retailer (LEDLights.com) is all over the board with their "color" claims. While some of their LEDs have their color temps listed, many are only given a range (i.e. 5500K-6500K, which is a significant and quite visible spread), and a few of their products don't list a temp at all! They also claim that White is 5500K-6500K, Pure White is 6000K, Super White is 6000K...why 3 different descriptions for LEDs that are supposed to be essentially the same color temp? Highly suspect, if you ask me. Can anyone really be sure of what they are getting without buying/trying it first? (They also agree with me that 4100K is NOT "cool".)

I'll repeat; the best part about the less expensive option is the ability to try different colors/types without breaking the bank. I'd much rather "dislike" a $4 LED than a $15 LED any day of the week. And nearly half of the LEDs that I purchased through Amazon came from US retailers; I still didn't overpay!

Yes, there is always something to be said for quality. However, there is never anything to be said for overspending on "perceived" quality. Those that do so also walk the streets, drive, and vote. Just as scary, IMO! :E
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I was referring to your response to 4x4van where you characterized vendors on Amazon as "yo-yo's" and other online merchants selling "junk". What I got from your post is that anyone that buys from anywhere but where you approve, is a "sucker".

I could care less if I meet your definition of "sucker" or not. I used the same purchasing strategy that 4x4van pointed out.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nope! Many good sources, choices, and places to buy LED's where the actual verifiable specifications are given and met. Simply stating the obvious! An inch is an inch not 3/4 of a real certified inch.

BTW, are you telling me you were a sucker??? haha
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Travelnutz,
So you are now saying that anyone that doesn't buy the same "certified" LED's like yours is a sucker?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4van,

There is a Bureau of Standards here in the USA. Just because some yo-yo sells something on Amazon or any other online cheapie site and claims a certain description or details/specs dowsn't mean a thing. Amazon nor any other mass selling market site doesn't test and/or certify the product claims given are accurate or even close. The false claims are to get unknowing suckers to buy from them. 3000K is 3000K and 5000k is 5000K no matter what the seller claims.

If the price sounds too cheap for an known certified item to be, it usually is NOT what it's claimed to be. That is why standard specifications were even developed.

There's a new sucker born every day and so many of these online sellers make big money selling them junk while claiming it's the real McCoy. The sucker supply is never ending! The seller win while the sucker loses nearly every time! Some suckers keep coming for more fleecing time after time and what does that say about them? Yup, they walk the streets, drive, and vote too! Scarey!