cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 820 - Gen Compartment Mod

Aussiecowdog
Explorer
Explorer
While pondering the EU2200i placement around the rear bumper, it dawned on me I could easily lower the compartment shelf where the old Generac was. Fasten aluminum diamond plate to welded angle iron, provide a slot that could be opened during operation, then close while traveling. There is lots of space to retrofit. More later. I’ll need to work up sketches.
5 REPLIES 5

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
jimh425 wrote:
This might be obvious. But, the Generac was likely part of the structure of the compartment to give it strength. You’ll need some bracing etc and some way to tie down the Honda to keep it from bouncing.

You might also check out the Lance Owners Group for similar modifications if you haven’t already.

I did that mod on 2 different TC, where one was Fleetwood, other Lance and both generators have been hanging in the compartment on rubber mounts.
So the generator frame is not adding any structural strength to the compartment. Not carrying about the dept, I just cut the plywood to the size of the compartment floor, drilled 4 holes in it where railing had bolts sticking up and put washers/nuts to secure the floor to the railings.

Aussiecowdog
Explorer
Explorer
Ah I have it nailed, tow our little dog trailer to carry the gen, gas, water and tons of gear. We can even run it in one of the four compartments for security and sound deadening. It’s like our own little utility toad.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
This might be obvious. But, the Generac was likely part of the structure of the compartment to give it strength. You’ll need some bracing etc and some way to tie down the Honda to keep it from bouncing.

You might also check out the Lance Owners Group for similar modifications if you haven’t already.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

burningman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I’d build it plenty stout it if it was my Honda riding over bumps in it.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
No heavy iron necessary.
Just fit plywood on generator rails if you don't need the depth, or use HD plumbers tape to drop the new floor.