cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lance 975

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a new lance 975 last saturday.

19 REPLIES 19

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice unit. Too large for me however.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
After using it a few times I've found a few issues. When we got it home I noticed 2 of the lag bolts holding the slide out mechanism to the camper loose. I ended up putting a lag bolt up through the dump valve compartment to get rid of one of the lag bolts. The next issue was the passenger side trim on the bottom was coming off so I had to reattach it. Another issue was the remote for the jacks didn't work very well. I took off the cover over the power center and found that the antenna for the remote was just coiled up on the control board. I unwrapped it, stretched it out and secured it to the 12v wires. Hopefully this will take care of some of the remote issues.

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
GULFMAN wrote:
hello Timdan94
I was going to go and look at one (975) this weekend.
Would like to see if there is room to take out and replace the table and seats with two recliners. What do you think is there enough room?

Thanks

I'm going to say no due to the storage and the battery compartment under the dinette

GULFMAN
Explorer
Explorer
hello Timdan94
I was going to go and look at one (975) this weekend.
Would like to see if there is room to take out and replace the table and seats with two recliners. What do you think is there enough room?

Thanks

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
Fish mojo wrote:
I'll be curious to hear of the new owner's comments on fit and finish after they have had it for awhile. The Lance 975 has a great layout and is high on my list for the future.

I already had 2 issues with the slide but I fixed them myself. One of the self tapping screws that attach the end of the slide out mechanism and the slide was broken off. and they used 2 lag bolts to hold the slide out mechanism to the camper and they both stripped so I through bolted the one and am working on a fix to the other one.
The fit and finish is ok. I'm not all that impressed with the general fit and finish

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
Fish mojo wrote:
Like the new "Roadster" brown seating surfaces. Is it a vinyl or leather?

I'm not sure but it feels like a cross between leather and vinyl

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
Mote wrote:
Very nice camper. I'm sure you'll enjoy that. I looked at that model last fall. Seemed to have a ton more living space than our old 1030.
How did it ride on the Chevy ? Did you have to add any suspension help ?

I already had air bags, upper and lower stable loads, and rancho 9000's

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice looking camper.

I am always amazed at how each of us has different interests. I would have gladly traded away the dry bath for better storage and countertop space.

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be curious to hear of the new owner's comments on fit and finish after they have had it for awhile. The Lance 975 has a great layout and is high on my list for the future.

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. We're so happy with our 2014 992. I have a feeling you're going to love yours too.
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
Like the new "Roadster" brown seating surfaces. Is it a vinyl or leather?

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. I love the inside. Very contemporary.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on New TC. Real nice model. Like the ultradeck plus bumper!

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice camper. I'm sure you'll enjoy that. I looked at that model last fall. Seemed to have a ton more living space than our old 1030.
How did it ride on the Chevy ? Did you have to add any suspension help ?
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL