cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance solar wire locater.

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
rewiring the existing solar on my 06 Lance 881. The old owner ran the wire down the side of the unit in a plastic wire cover thing. I want to use the pre-wire set up Lance installed.

I found the roof connector set up with the plug but am having a hard time locating the wires below.

Here are what I found. A blue and white wire is what i have determined are my pos/neg but i can only find the blue wire under the sink by the battery. Not sure what happen to the white?

Any info would help.

Here are the two wires from the roof.

Solar wires by MooringProduct, on Flickr

This is all I can find under the bathroom sink by the battery

Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.
15 REPLIES 15

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Possibly-Id check continuity just for grins..maybe gage or the funny end-if I recall right from a previous post. Or sometimes we think we have a better idea. Just trying to clean up the exterior of camper?
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
AnEv942 wrote:
Wonder why P/O ran new wire instead of using the existing wire?

I'm not sure. I'm thinking they didn't realize it was solar pre-wired.
Pete
2006 Lance 881 Max.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Wonder why P/O ran new wire instead of using the existing wire?
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

smooth1
Explorer
Explorer
Your white wire should be connected to the main ground strip so all you need to connect to the battery is the blue solar positive. This is what Lance told me on my 2008.

Prominion
Explorer
Explorer
The ground on my 830 was already wired into the grounding strip.
Professional Minion & Sweetie

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
av8rds wrote:
AidenJ wrote:
Oh wait let me tell you how I did my solar on my Northern Lite :B

Hey let me tell ya a story about similar generations of Lance campers where the ends of solar wires are within feet of each other and might have very similar connections....or not...either way it gives the guy something to look for on a Saturday night instead of waiting till Monday to call a company I haven't personally found very helpful on the phone.

Thanks for the PDF it was exactly the same as mine. Very thankful for your help.

Now I just need this rain to stop...we are under a flood watch...
Pete
2006 Lance 881 Max.

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
AidenJ wrote:

Hey let me tell ya a story about similar generations of Lance campers where the ends of solar wires are within feet of each other and might have very similar connections....or not...either way it gives the guy something to look for on a Saturday night instead of waiting till Monday to call a company I haven't personally found very helpful on the phone.
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

AidenJ
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Dodge Ram 3500 CC, CTD, SRW
2010 NORTHERN-LITE 10-2 SPECIAL EDITION)
Libby, 2 yr Boxer/Hound mix learning to travel

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
sleepy wrote:
:R

You don't approve of my response? :h
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
:R
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
I found my diagram from lance if you want to private message your email I'll send it to you, should be similar.
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
Its been a bit since I did my 992 but I think you will have the same answer as mine. From the factor the neg gets tied into the camper harness prior to the bathroom and you have to run a separate lead to the battery neg

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25275162/gotomsg/25310318.cfm#25310318

mooring product wrote:
rewiring the existing solar on my 06 Lance 881. The old owner ran the wire down the side of the unit in a plastic wire cover thing. I want to use the pre-wire set up Lance installed.

I found the roof connector set up with the plug but am having a hard time locating the wires below.

Here are what I found. A blue and white wire is what i have determined are my pos/neg but i can only find the blue wire under the sink by the battery. Not sure what happen to the white?

Any info would help.

Here are the two wires from the roof.

This is all I can find under the bathroom sink by the battery

'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
My experience and observations:

Specific questions sbout wiring in specific Lance Brand/Models should not be asked of the general forum... the TC forum... or even me... cause I can't answer even if its something that I've done before..

I spent a lot of time at the Lance factory... and have helped a lot of people over the years.

A couple of reasons to check with Lance.

1) Lance makes minor changes all through the year and documents them to model and serial number. (Thats why you have to tell them the SN of your TC when you phone them (or e-mail)

2) Lance purchases many componets from vendors through the bid process... Stoves, Fridges, microwaves, wiring harnesses, light bulbs, etc.

During the production year they may run out of wiring harnesses... if they do they might put out a new bid or extend the onld bid...

Different vendors may alter the wiring loom slightly as long as it's with in spec...

Even two campers with successive serial numbers might be different.

All of the wiring harnesses that I've seen have been set up for the maximum number of optional add-ons, TV's, Generators, etc... your camper might not have the generator... but often the bare end wires are there somewhere... or even be set up and labled as generator ready.

Another vender may leave out as many wires as possible. They are set up by hand... someone my leave one out accidently.

The advice to phone the manufacture is always correct!

A bonus that you get for phoneing the factory... you won't be cutting into the wrong place and shorting out wires, cutting into a water or propane line...

Lance will e-mail the schedmatic for your specific camper to you .
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
No, I guess Ill do that.
Pete
2006 Lance 881 Max.