cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance Squire 3000: Dometic Fridge not Lighting in Gas Mode?

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys, checking out new rig propane. nothing happening when holding in the plunger/igniter..?
The mechanical looks pretty rusty and the seller showed me that he had mounted an old license plate to shield from the wind.
Is there a pilot in the mechanical area outside that needs to be lit..?

This looks like a good place for a pilot???

Oven and Range shots:

Looking up under the oven burner..
Where ever I go, there I am!
6 REPLIES 6

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Notakwanon, thanks for the response.. I removed that silly licence plate and found that there is a sort of wind shield as you must already know and now I can see in there to what does look like a standing pilot assembly.. tried lighting it and no luck.. the entire mechanical for the fridge on my rig looks in bad shape.. lots of rust and in the area of the pilot, the elec connection which is a small gauge wire with a paddle is totally rusted out..
pretty sure I'm going to need a pro on this problem.. I was able to check voltage and that meters fine so yes, most likely gas.. the rig had been standing for who knows how long and being on the exterior, the fridge mech took a beating from weather getting in through the louvers...

Notakwanon
Explorer
Explorer
The controls to the Dometic 3-way frig in my camper look different from the photo you posted, but they probably work much the same way. Have you tried to light the flame with a match? If you can't get flame, there is a problem with the gas supply. The igniter must be real close to the gas nozzle. I watched a tech bend sheet metal to make this happen. The igniter has only a single wire. Make sure it is properly attached - one time I pushed the wire back down into the cylinder, and it worked again.
2006 GMC 2500HD 6.6 diesel
2003 Outfitter Apex 9.5

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
I would agree with that. I am not however equipped to do that sort of electrical testing so I would think the best approach to this problem is an RV shop repair person.. I need it done right and that seems the best approach baring anything simple I may be able to handle.. thanks for all the help..

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like automatic ignitor is NOT working (throwing spark)

Pg. 10/11 of this manual has testing of switch and ignitor

LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Tiger, my old Squire 4000 used to spark right away and always lit and ran great.. this rig is new to me but should be same as you say..
I checked out the range and oven right before I started the fridge test and all the Wedgewood features are working great.. good flame.. good gas flow.. oven pilot lit and stayed lit and then oven burner kicked in great...

On the fridge, I hear no spark at all! I have shore power plugged in now and switched it to elec to see if that works but so far not seeing anything cold..

The fridge is a
Dometic Americana
Mod Num RM 2553
Product Num 921 14 20 - 03
Input Rate 1080

Found this: http://www.manualslib.com/products/Dometic-Rm2553-And-2821530.html

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Usually holding the button in creates a spark, which then ignites the fuel. If no ignition, wait a few minutes, listen for the safety switch to reset before attempting to light again.

Can you hear the spark?

Sometimes it helps to light a stove burner and run it for a few minutes so that there is LPG in the lines. If the rig has not been used in a while, the line might have air in it so even a good spark will not ignite it.

If still no luck, add the frig make and model to your next post so we can look for online owner's manuals.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed