cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance Wiring Questions

HandyRandy
Explorer
Explorer
I've tried to join Lance Owners, but while I'm waiting for the email reply to get on their site, I thought I would ask here.

I have a 2003 Lance 1030. I'm figuring out how to add a second battery and solar. All Lance's internal wiring to the distribution points is 8 gauge. I can trace them and match them to the wiring diagram, but there are AWG 2 gauge (!) wires connected directly to the battery terminals (+12 and Ground) that go through the back of the battery box, into one of those split plastic cable covers and disappear into the maze of wires in the back of the under-sink cabinet. I can't find the other ends and I can't find anything on the wiring diagram to explain those.

Have any of you figured out what they are for and where they go?

Thanks,
1999 F350 Super Cab, DRW, 7.3 4" Exhaust, Ford AIS Intake, RideRites, Gauges, Exhaust Brake, PHP Chip
2003 Lance 1030 295W Solar
7 REPLIES 7

HandyRandy
Explorer
Explorer
uScott wrote:
Yep, likely for the generator starter motor. Mine has 4 gauge.

Brilliant! That's it. Thank you!!
1999 F350 Super Cab, DRW, 7.3 4" Exhaust, Ford AIS Intake, RideRites, Gauges, Exhaust Brake, PHP Chip
2003 Lance 1030 295W Solar

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think they are in the gen. compartment . My Lance dealer added a second battery in my empty Lance gen. compartment . They used the gen. wires + - , done deal . Been using it like this for 5 years , no issues . They added a piece of plywood to support the grp 31 battery.

James_
Explorer
Explorer
You could just drop the two bottom panels and see it all. It's easy to do and get back together.
2006 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4X4 dually, crew cab.
6.6 diesel, Allison trans. Air bags.
2011 Lance 992 duel pop-out, 2200 gen, 135 watt solar panal, Yakima skybox.

uScott
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, likely for the generator starter motor. Mine has 4 gauge.
2001 Lance 1121 TC loaded
1998 Dodge 3500 QC CTD DRW

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
Could they be starter wires for a generator

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Would this help you?

Lance Wiring

I also Googled "Lance Wiring" and got a lot of hits!

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
No heavy duty electrical connector anywhere on the outside of the camper? 2 awg wire sounds like someone may have added a good truck alternator charging system in the past. Just a guess.
Cal