Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last years model $$$$

tshirtman
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Need input on purchasing a 2013 model(new). This model is dis-continued. Jay Flight 29rlds. What kind of negotiating power do I have on a 2013 model as the 2015 are due to start production in just a couple months.
This dealer has MSRP price of 35k and a sale price of $26,800 prices includes freight and dealer prep/mark up
Is 21k too low to start negotiating ?

Thanks to all who reply.
6 REPLIES 6

sask934
Explorer
Explorer
tshirtman wrote:
Hi all,
Need input on purchasing a 2013 model(new). This model is dis-continued. Jay Flight 29rlds. What kind of negotiating power do I have on a 2013 model as the 2015 are due to start production in just a couple months.
This dealer has MSRP price of 35k and a sale price of $26,800 prices includes freight and dealer prep/mark up
Is 21k too low to start negotiating ?

Thanks to all who reply.

What package is included? Does it have the Elite and Thermal package. Dinette or booth? Hide a bed or J steel sofa, all of these things need to be considered before comparing with other similar units.

I would say start low and see what happens, but that is a popular floor plan and dealer may not go much lower.

zrone90
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased a leftover 2013 Crossroads in Dec for 42% off MSRP
2013 Crossroads 30RE

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
On a current year model you should be able to settle up at about a 30% discount, give or take. The dealer is paying interest on his financing for however long he's had the unit. Any guess how long it's been there?? Not familiar with the model, but is it a very popular one?? Think I'd start at about the 35% discount and try to stick to your guns....he wants that unit GONE! Also consider how much you really love the unit and if push comes to shove, are you prepared to go an extra few dollars to get what you want. If you're sorta wishy-washy about the model, lowball it and see what happens. If he doesn't take it, keep looking. I'd bet you can get that 35% or very close. Good luck.

Took a peek online and it's very similar to our Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 or the one with the wardrobe slide, the 2604WS. I didn't notice earlier that you said the price included the delivery and "dealer prep".....see how much the dealer prep is and what's included in that. If all they're doing is giving it a bath and unpacking a couple of boxes, it shouldn't be much. Suggest if you can get close to a price you can live with, try to include a start-up kit and maybe filling both propane tanks. If it doesn't have a slide awning, give that a shot, too...that's about a $400 add-on depending on size. Still of the mind that he wants that GONE and you can benefit.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

waynec1957
Explorer
Explorer
$26,800 is probably what you could have bought it for as a "new" 2103 model in 2012 as opposed to "left over" 2013 in 2014. Like Terryallan said, it’s probably 2 years old. 2014s have been out for a while now and it won't be long before the 2015s come out.

You’re probably in the ballpark at $21k.
2013 Chevy Sliverado 2500 HD LS Crew Cab
Duramax/Allison, HD Tow Package, GCWR 24,500

2017 KZ Sportsmen S330 IK

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go lower. It's probably 2 years old. Ask if it has been on the lot since 2012? Should be on the invoice too.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
Good starting point to negotiate. I would not pay more than $23K
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe