cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaking Roof Lance TC

Just_Pete
Explorer
Explorer
Has any one repaired ceiling after leak near antenna , Ceiling has wrinkled at the seam . Noticed stain in light , appears the ceiling material is starting to bubble .
13 REPLIES 13

Just_Pete
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I will try contacting Lance . It is not the end of the worl , But once you see something wrong it tends to bug you !

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
You might try contacting Lance with the year and model of your camper . I am sure they have faced similar problems under warranty work . They should at least tell you what the panels are made of and how they are fastened to the ceiling .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Probably not much help but from youtube videos, the only way to fix the ceiling material in RVs is to replace it. The videos were talking about how to tell if a RV had/has a leak. They said the ceiling pretty much always are damaged/stained if they leaked.

Maybe someone else on youtube shows their ceiling repair or replacement. Probably not a Lance TC, but maybe something with a similar ceiling method/material.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Just_Pete
Explorer
Explorer
The front of the camper was completey rebuild leaking front window $ 3600 dollars worth We have a Amish fella 100 miles away that build campers in Indiana I could probably just go talk to him .

Just_Pete
Explorer
Explorer
I found the source of the leak I was a roofer for 23 years specializing in flat roofs , My question is has any body repaired the ceiling panel , Thinking of trying to inject some typ of glue in the bubbled area , The damage is at the seam where 2 panels meet there seams to be a joining strip or clip

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
Water is insidious and I have seen first hand what a very small leak can do. Often the actual damage is far worse than the early signs indicate. Left undetected for even a few months it can create enough black mold to pose a health hazard and structural weakness.

This is an example of water intrusion caught before there was any signs of water damage in the interior. If you are seeing the signs indicated, there is a decent reason to do a more thorough inspection. The RV.NET photo uploader does not work on this site yet works fine for me posting on several other forums ???

[img][/img]

ardvark
Explorer
Explorer
The finish on the ceiling is a ceiling board of some type. it varies by manufacturer. It bubbles when moisture gets behind it. It is much harder than a roof repair as you can see it and there is no ready match without replacing a large section.

It's important to inspect the roof regularly as by the time you see damage inside, there has been a good deal of water penetration.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just thought he meant roof. What ceiling bubbles?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
ardvark, you are right.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
ardvark wrote:
Isn't the question about ceiling repair, not roof repair?

Yes but, the water is getting in from somewhere, most likely the roof so you need to start with the source. Fixing the ceiling won't correct the issue.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

ardvark
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't the question about ceiling repair, not roof repair?

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
You need to fund the leak first. Do you know where the water enters? What material is your camper's roof? TPO/EPDM or aluminum?
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I havenโ€™t had to do it, but Iโ€™d use eternabond and and/or dicor. I think eternabond is better for patching a small hole in the roof.