cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED bulb replacement

Craig_N_Tammy
Explorer
Explorer
I know this topic has been discussed extensively ๐Ÿ™‚ however I'm trying to solve an additional problem at the same time we change out our bulbs to LEDs. I can't find anywhere how to determine how many lumens my current incandescent bulbs are? The only markings on my current bulbs are C921. I've read dozens of posts here about which ones to use (think I've settled on getting them off ebay from 2011_led). Now I just need to determine which ones (e.g. how bright). What I want to do is not only swap everything over to LED, but make some of them a little dimmer.

Any ideas how to determine this, outside of just buying several different LEDs and trying them out?

TIA,
- Craig N Tammy
21 REPLIES 21

Calkidd
Explorer
Explorer
Aluminum_flyer, what is your source for light bulbs. I don't want the bright white. Those look like about 6000K in color.

aluminum_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
Those look like a cool white bulb. They have a blue color to them. Make sure to buy warm white instead to get rid of that color.

NJRedneck1986 wrote:
These is what i use 48 SMD White LED And here are my pics so you can see them. Also didnt pay much for them either on ebay ๐Ÿ™‚

The old Bulbs

Led installed

id highly reccumend these kind of led cuz they light it up good. hope this helped ๐Ÿ™‚

NJRedneck1986
Explorer
Explorer
These is what i use 48 SMD White LED And here are my pics so you can see them. Also didnt pay much for them either on ebay ๐Ÿ™‚

The old Bulbs

Led installed

id highly reccumend these kind of led cuz they light it up good. hope this helped ๐Ÿ™‚

Craig_N_Tammy
Explorer
Explorer
I bought and have received the 13-5050's from 2011_led on eBay. They arrived relatively quickly (~8 days) and the cost was crazy cheap. The brightness is just right, for us anyway, they are slightly dimmer than the standard 921's, but that's what we were wanted anyway. The light is plenty bright and of course they are cooler and don't use nearly as much power. Really pleased with the outcome and thanks to all for the help and input!!

Eyetattoo
Explorer
Explorer
aluminum.flyer wrote:
Remember that Lumen output for an incandescent bulb somewhat fades over time; LEDs do not. Google the bulb and style for more info. If you haven't bought bulbs yet I have a great source for them... unless you are pro-america built items.
What is your source? Im currently looking to swap out my bulbs to LEDs.
2015 2500HD Duramax LTZ Crew Cab
2005 26' Attitude Toy Hauler
2007 GSXR600
2004 YFZ450
2006 TRX90
2013 Raptor 90
2007 Raptor 350

Is it time to camp yet?!

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
frisco_dave wrote:
Actually...as I re-read this whole thread, it was you tenbear that suggested the 18-5050, so...thanks brother! They worked great.

Thanks! Glad I could help. :B
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

aluminum_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
Remember that Lumen output for an incandescent bulb somewhat fades over time; LEDs do not. Google the bulb and style for more info. If you haven't bought bulbs yet I have a great source for them... unless you are pro-america built items.

frisco_dave
Explorer
Explorer
Actually...as I re-read this whole thread, it was you tenbear that suggested the 18-5050, so...thanks brother! They worked great.
2011 KZ Coyote 232SS
2011 Expedition 3.73

frisco_dave
Explorer
Explorer
The 18-5050 corn cob. It was the "warm white". After some research in other threads, the 18-5050 was one of the ones suggested as coming close to the same lumens as the 921.

While the "warm white" wasn't as "warm" as the incandescents, it was still acceptable I thought. After researching other threads, I also purchased from 2011_LED on ebay. I live in Dallas, so...as central hub in the US, shipping has usually been pretty fast for me no matter what I purchase, and this was no exception.

Here's the actual light:
LED bulbs
2011 KZ Coyote 232SS
2011 Expedition 3.73

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
frisco_dave wrote:
Replaced 1/2 my 921 bulbs on my last trip. Based on research here, I got pretty close with the lumens. I have a progressive industries EMS, so was able to look at my amp usage for the incandescents vs. usage of the new LED lights.

The stats showed:

each incandescent bulb = 1 amp
each LED "corn cob" = .25 amp

So- a 75% savings in amp usage. We have many double bulb light fixtures, so...flip a light on, and 2 bulbs come on. Turn on 2 of these fixtures, and usage is 4 amps with the old bulbs, and only 1 amp with the LEDs. Pretty significant savings.

So, which LED lights did you buy?

frisco_dave
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced 1/2 my 921 bulbs on my last trip. Based on research here, I got pretty close with the lumens. I have a progressive industries EMS, so was able to look at my amp usage for the incandescents vs. usage of the new LED lights.

The stats showed:

each incandescent bulb = 1 amp
each LED "corn cob" = .25 amp

So- a 75% savings in amp usage. We have many double bulb light fixtures, so...flip a light on, and 2 bulbs come on. Turn on 2 of these fixtures, and usage is 4 amps with the old bulbs, and only 1 amp with the LEDs. Pretty significant savings.
2011 KZ Coyote 232SS
2011 Expedition 3.73

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced all my OEM 921 lights with LEDs. The research I did came up with the figure 264 lumens per 921 light. I got all my LEDs from M4Products. Very quick delivery (2 days) and very good customer service. One LED was defective; they replaced it immediately with no hasstle.

Craig_N_Tammy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks tenbear! I'll take a look at those.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Craig N Tammy wrote:
Thanks! ok the search shows that a "standard" 921 is 144 lumens. So I wasn't too far off in selecting these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-T10-194-921-bulb-AC-DC12-24V-13-5050-SMD-LED-Super-Bright-Warm-White-T13Z...

Thanks!!

I think you would prefer an 18-5050 led lamp. To me, the 13-5050 would be quite a bit dimmer than the 921 lamp.