cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Led Bulbs

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Coleman 16 FBS and want to change the 621 bulbs to LED I purchased 4 at Wally world but they are really dim looking and have a different color than the 621's had, I would like something in the same wave link as the 621's . Has anyone any ideas of what to buy and where to purchase them ? Thanks
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game
22 REPLIES 22

mjbenedict
Explorer
Explorer
W.E.BGood wrote:
What so many of the LED vendors fail to list is the lumens of each product. So many say "super bright", "very bright", "brilliant", "crystal clear" or other such nonsense.
I have used THIS vendor several times over the years, as have other who I've recommended him to, always with an accurately-described product, good quality, very reasonable prices and great customer service.
As others have noted, take your time reviewing the lumens output and light temp data for each.

superbrightleds.com shows all of that info too.

W_E_BGood
Explorer
Explorer
What so many of the LED vendors fail to list is the lumens of each product. So many say "super bright", "very bright", "brilliant", "crystal clear" or other such nonsense.
I have used THIS vendor several times over the years, as have other who I've recommended him to, always with an accurately-described product, good quality, very reasonable prices and great customer service.
As others have noted, take your time reviewing the lumens output and light temp data for each.

firestorm79
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:
Thanks Bucky, I guess I missed it. I replaced 16 of my 921s with these LEDs. We like them much better than the 921s because the light is not as harsh as the 921s. They are only about a buck a piece and all in the package of 20 worked fine. No radio or TV interference. They are in this fixture.

I had these exact LEDs and found them to be quite dim. Upgraded to the 5050 SMDs and have been very happy since.

ron64gc
Explorer
Explorer
mbopp wrote:
Most of my 921's were replaced with warm white 36-1210 panels from 2011_led on Ebay:

I ordered one each of several samples the first time, tried them, and settled on these. The bright white panels had too much of a harsh blue tint to them, one got put in the outside hitch hookup light and the other in the range hood. The 36 and 48 led 5050 panels were brighter but (subjectively) the 36-1210's matched the brightness of the 921 bulbs, and since we dry camp power draw was a concern.

This is a good vender to deal with and fast shipping. Get the warm white without regulator (12v) and you will be pleased. Have made many purchases from him.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:
Thanks Bucky, I guess I missed it. I replaced 16 of my 921s with these LEDs. We like them much better than the 921s because the light is not as harsh as the 921s. They are only about a buck a piece and all in the package of 20 worked fine. No radio or TV interference. They are in this fixture.

Iv'e been against the leds for a while now mostly because of the quailty, maybe i'll try them myself this summer. Yours look good to me. For a buck apiece hard to go wrong
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

BuckyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:
nineoaks2004 wrote:
I have a Coleman 16 FBS and want to change the 621 bulbs to LED I purchased 4 at Wally world but they are really dim looking and have a different color than the 621's had, I would like something in the same wave link as the 621's . Has anyone any ideas of what to buy and where to purchase them ? Thanks

I can't even find any 621 bulbs to see what they look like. Are you sure they are 621 and not 921?

It was said early in the thread that they are 921

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
nineoaks2004 wrote:

I can't even find any 621 bulbs to see what they look like. Are you sure they are 621 and not 921?
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I upgraded mine a few years ago too.

I bought all of mine from this supplier
Bob

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I did all the lights in my trailer a few years ago. Posted about it here with links to the vendors and bulbs.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Most of my 921's were replaced with warm white 36-1210 panels from 2011_led on Ebay:

I ordered one each of several samples the first time, tried them, and settled on these. The bright white panels had too much of a harsh blue tint to them, one got put in the outside hitch hookup light and the other in the range hood. The 36 and 48 led 5050 panels were brighter but (subjectively) the 36-1210's matched the brightness of the 921 bulbs, and since we dry camp power draw was a concern.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:

Whether or not they interfere with the radio is the third. I installed 16 warm white 5050 SMD LED 921s two years ago in our coach, sourced from this offshore vendor and have had no issues with them at all ... completely satisfied with the colour temperature, brightness, reliability, and zero interference with the radio. :B

I bought the disk shaped lamps from the same vendor. Mine have a voltage regulator the causes TV signal loss. I believe that the type you bought have no regulator.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:
I just finished replacing the bulbs in my TT with LEDs. There are two main areas of concern.

Three. Whether or not they interfere with the radio is the third. I installed 16 warm white 5050 SMD LED 921s two years ago in our coach, sourced from this offshore vendor and have had no issues with them at all ... completely satisfied with the colour temperature, brightness, reliability, and zero interference with the radio. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just finished replacing the bulbs in my TT with LEDs. There are two main areas of concern.

Light color in degrees Kelvin,
โ€ข Very bright bluish tint almost harsh according to my DW.
โ€ข Natural bright and still a bit more bluish that incandescent.
โ€ข Warm, I have never seen these so I cannot comment.

Number of segments, or the number of LEDs per bulb.
โ€ข The 24 segments I bought were about the same brightness as the incandescent but bluish in color.
โ€ข The 48 segment were a bit brighter but still bluish.
โ€ข I bought two super bright LEDs that I believe are 68 segments for an overhead light. They are bright and reminiscent of a florescent kitchen light.

Brightness and color are very subjective, nor can I say that all LED segments are the same size and/or Kelvin rating. I simply guessed at what I wanted. They are all corn cob style light with bases to fit the appications.

What I can say is they is they are rather inexpensive on eBay, so for about $25.00 or $30.00 I ended up with 22 bulbs of different brightness.

I also ran the TV while I changes bulbs and had no interference. I did not try the AM radio.

I hope this helps
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.