cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Level Indicators

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
I want to purchase some level indicators for our new TT, which ones work the best and easy to read and install?
Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia
14 REPLIES 14

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Isaac-1 wrote:
I just use a level app on my smart phone

X2.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer tongue and inside floor are pretty much level with each other, so I use 2 of the small cheap flat (non curved)stick on levels. I placed one them on the front of the trailer for side to side leveling and the other flat face up on top of the tongue for front to rear leveling so I can watch it when running the tongue jack up and down.

Larry-D
Explorer II
Explorer II
5th wheel level on the front of the trailer so I can look to see how many boards to make it level side-to-side then a magnetic bullet style bubble level on the front frame for front to rear and to double check side to side.

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
I use these.

They come with several different scales. With a little testing you will find a scale that is very close.

I like the scale as when I need to add leveling blocks the scale indicates how many inches of leveling block is needed. I have found when it indicates 2 inches that is exactly how much leveling block is required.

Also with my 5th wheel when I have raised the 5th wheel to the height to disconnect I note the reading on the level. Then when it is time to reconnect I raise the trailer to that point and then the trailer is at the correct height to reconnect.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
The door of my fifth-wheel makes a very accurate level indicator. For fore-and-aft leveling, open the door 90 degrees and see which way it swings. For side-to-side leveling, open the door slightly and see which way it swings.

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
Any type of bubble level will work. If you mount them to your rig, be sure it's level first!
Happy camping!
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
lakebum wrote:
I want to purchase some level indicators for our new TT, which ones work the best and easy to read and install?

Large Level Master, mounted to the trailer's front wall with LePage No More Nails tape. Side-to-side level is easy to see from any angle, any distance, while trim screw allows centering the front-to-back level bubble. :B

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
Helimech wrote:
I got rid of my level and use the DW. More accurate, so I'm told.

No doubt they can tell you when it is not level !!!
Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
I got rid of my level and use the DW. More accurate, so I'm told.

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
I just use a level app on my smart phone

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
lakebum wrote:

They all work the same.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I use the cheap hoppy levels been working 7 years. Next 5er will have auto level.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use a LevelMate Pro. It's a Blu-Tooth device that is mounted in the RV and calibrated. It then links to an app on your smart phone. I put the Andersen levelers under the wheels on one side of the fiver and then just roll onto them until the phone tells me I'm level from side-to-side. After unhitching, the system does the same for me front-to-back by adjusting the landing gear (tongue jack in the case of your TT).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Master Level attached to the front of my trailer. Love it! It's very easy to see in the mirror.
I have a much smaller generic level mounted on the side of my trailer where I can see it while operating the jack. I'm out of the truck at that point, so the front / back level can be small.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H