cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert in wall slide system valuable info

leftybj
Explorer
Explorer
My new TT has this system and there were no manuals in the packet. I asked the guy in the shop at the Dealer how to retract the slide in an emergency and he said I would have to cut out portions of the interior wall. That answer made my decision to never let them touch my TT! I did my homework and would like to share the info here. The pdf file is a manual and the youtube video shows how to disengage the motors and retract the slide in emergency situations.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/michaelreush/2012-08-17_183902_lippert_insync_2.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymt1Uesf0Pc
17 REPLIES 17

leftybj
Explorer
Explorer
tmilicia wrote:
I can't believe the shop guy at the dealer said you'd have to cut interior walls to move the slide manually. I don't understand how some of these people get their jobs. People like that are the reason I never take my vehicles or camper to a dealer for simple repairs or maintenance.

I usually do all of my repairs for this reason. I have found that the difference between a good job and a bad job is patience assuming that you know how to do the job in the first place

leftybj
Explorer
Explorer
leftybj wrote:
Olde Volks Place wrote:
I am learning so much info on this RV.NET site, Thank You all.

So my DW and I will be ordering a Jayco 324BHDS in the next several mts, 1st question--Can you order direct from Jayco if so knowing this info is it possible they would locate these controls where you can get to them easily, because I know where I would like them if they would locate them where specified.
2nd question--is there one box per slide with 2 motors, as the 324 has 3 slides 2 rear for the BH and one for sofa/dinette, so I'm looking at 6 motors and 3 control boxes right.

To bad the TT MFG's aren't like Burger King meaning they build it like you would build if you could. I would put override mech's close to where they went,under and behind seems like more work to me I like the K.I.S.S. method of life,seems to have worked this long why mess with it.

opps

There should be one controller for each slide and it controlls two motors. I see no reason why they cant locate these units where you want them as they have plenty of cable that was just taped up in a bundle. Make sure that they are going to install this type of slide system before you require they locate the controls in a particular place

leftybj
Explorer
Explorer
Olde Volks Place wrote:

So my DW and I will be ordering a Jayco 324BHDS in the next several mts, 1st question--Can you order direct from Jayco if so knowing this info is it possible they would locate these controls where you can get to them easily, because I know where I would like them if they would locate them where specified.
2nd question--is there one box per slide with 2 motors, as the 324 has 3 slides 2 rear for the BH and one for sofa/dinette, so I'm looking at 6 motors and 3 control boxes right.

To bad the TT MFG's aren't like Burger King meaning they build it like you would build if you could. I would put override mech's close to where they went,under and behind seems like more work to me I like the K.I.S.S. method of life,seems to have worked this long why mess with it.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
tmilicia wrote:
I can't believe the shop guy at the dealer said you'd have to cut interior walls to move the slide manually. I don't understand how some of these people get their jobs. People like that are the reason I never take my vehicles or camper to a dealer for simple repairs or maintenance.

The scary thing is that is probably how they would go about it!!!!!!!!!

I really appreciate this thread since my brother has this type of slide and very little mechanical knowledge. He does know how to call me though:)

Olde_Volks_Plac
Explorer
Explorer

tmilicia
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 SRW CC 6.7L
2016 Forest River XLR 395AMP Toy Hauler

2013 Cruiser RV Viewfinder V-28BHSS (SOLD)
2012 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost (SOLD)
2011 Palomino Stampede S-195 (SOLD)
2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4 (SOLD)

leftybj
Explorer
Explorer
I found the other control module. It was under the refer with the furnace along with some other wiring

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
brulaz wrote:
Olde Volks Place wrote:
Where would you find that box? sorry if i missed that part of the info.

also if you have a lippert frame would it be safe to assume that they use a lippert slide mech to, or mix n match components one mfg to another.

There's another style Lippert slide mechanism on Keystone trailers. It has a geared rod under the slide. The Schwintek has geared tracks on the side of the slide and is supposed to be less heavy.

Pretty easy to tell which mechanism is being used.

Did Lippert buy out Schwintek?

Yes, they did...
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander

leftybj
Explorer
Explorer
Olde Volks Place wrote:

also if you have a lippert frame would it be safe to assume that they use a lippert slide mech to, or mix n match components one mfg to another.

I found one under the kitchen sink behind a panel on the floor and I relocated it up on the wall above the panel so I can access it if necessary without taking everything apart. All I have to do is open the door under the sink and there it is. I am looking for the one on the other side and believe it is behind the power converter. I downloaded the manual on the converter tonight and will pull it out in a few days. I will find it and relocate it if I have to build a small enclosure that mounts on the cabinet wall. I will have to stain it to match but I will have access in case of emergency. This is worth the trouble as I had to go into the manual override mode on the unit under the sink this weekend to move the slide in. It was my fault that the slide lost position information as a book was behind one side when we moved it out.

3_0charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert Manuals: http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=174&Itemid=103
John, DW and 4 kids.
2013 Kodiak 263RLSL
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
Olde Volks Place wrote:

There's another style Lippert slide mechanism on Keystone trailers. It has a geared rod under the slide. The Schwintek has geared tracks on the side of the slide and is supposed to be less heavy.

Pretty easy to tell which mechanism is being used.

Did Lippert buy out Schwintek?
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

Olde_Volks_Plac
Explorer
Explorer

Crazy4gsds
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! Hope it's something we never need to disengage but still good to know!
2011 CruiserRV Viewfinder 27RBSS
2012 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew EcoBoost
Frannie our dark sable German Shepherd furkid
Fritz our red sable German Shepherd Dog gone but never forgotten
Darby our black/tan German Shepherd Dog gone but never forgotten

leftybj
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the links.