cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert Motorized Stab Jacks

Glendale_290
Explorer
Explorer
Our trailer is just over a year old and our front Lippert stab jack stop retracting , but it will extend down. When you try and retract the motor makes a wonderful rattle noise while doing nothing. When I extend it makes the normal noise and takes forever to reach the ground like a typical Lippert jack. Am I wrong to assume that the motor is shot?

Lou
2013 Sol Aire Eclipse 269 BHDSK Trailer by Palomino . Tows like a dream with our 2016 F250 6.2L gas Crew Cab & parks extremely well in our short driveway with our Park-it 360XL electric trailer dolly[/]

Have a great 2016 Camping Season!
3 REPLIES 3

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is that Lippert only sells the motor and gearbox as one unit. I've also heard there is a faster motor / gearbox available.
I don't believe my Lippert electric stabs are better than individual manual stabs FWIW.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Take it back !!!
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
When I looked at three models last year, I had made up my mind to get one with electric jacks. My dealer actually talked me out of it, because he said the electric jacks are prone to breaking, and because they are not "scissor" shaped, they cannot steady the TT as well as the manual jacks. And now since I use an electric drill to lower and raise the manual jacks, it takes only about a second and no energy. Add in the electric tongue jack and that eliminates a lot of work and time when setting up/tearing down.

Not having electric stabilizers, I can't help you diagnose the problem. However, if they work in one direction only, one of gears may have broken.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?