cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Little Guy Cirrus

Grodyman
Explorer
Explorer
Just read that Little Guy is introducing a new truck camper called the Cirrus. Seamless aluminum roof is intriguing. More manufacturers should get into the game.

Gman
2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML
39 REPLIES 39

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Exact same floor plan as my Northstar Laredo. I'd rather stick with a company that has been in the business of making truck campers for almost 50 years. I'm sure Rex would paint one lime green if you asked.

Grodyman
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like an expensive Lance 825 but with more overcab height and dual batteries. Still, I think it will introduce a whole new crowd to truck campers, good or bad.

Gman
2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
The manufacturers of the good TC's are still in business and doing well, The cheapies and fly by night manufacturers by and large are the ones that bit the dust. The buying public seem to weed out the not so good, losers, poorly managed, and underfunded manufacturers. Nothing new!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Other than the heated floor and the Mickey Mouse paint job/color scheme, what's new that hasn't ever been used on TC's before. Think hard! I'm not against new ideas but they must be NEW IDEAS.
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
Not to long ago manufacturers were pulling out of the TC market or just plain going out of business. We should be excited when someone new decides to enter the TC market. They are willing to invest a lot of money into a once dead market.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
RZAR66 wrote:
travelnutz wrote:
Why are so many thinking it's so great and appealing?

I don't think anyone was saying "how great and appealing" this camper is. Most people commented before the full article and camper specs came out unlike you. Chill.. This camper has some new ideas and a unique look unlike the other manufacturers that keep putting out the same old thing just disguising old ideas with new colors and fabric patterns. I welcome anything new and different in the truck camper industry wether I like it or not.

X2. Just like you said RZAR66, I too welcome anything new and different in the truck camper industry and now there's a new player in the game that just might start to revolutionize the industry.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
Why are so many thinking it's so great and appealing?

I don't think anyone was saying "how great and appealing" this camper is. Most people commented before the full article and camper specs came out unlike you. Chill.. This camper has some new ideas and a unique look unlike the other manufacturers that keep putting out the same old thing just disguising old ideas with new colors and fabric patterns. I welcome anything new and different in the truck camper industry wether I like it or not.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

EricCO
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would delete the cab over window. Unless you can seal it with Eternabond tape, it's going to leak, imho.
2002 Ford F-350 CC LB PSD 2007 Travel Lite 960rx Ultra 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow! tiny gray tank, small freshwater tank, and only having ONE 20# LP tank that no longer will hold nearly 5 gallons? At over 2300 LBS with average options as stated in the article before adding liquids and your cargo/food/clothes etc, it's not remotely light for an 8' hard side non-slide TC. I'm not impressed at all other than the one piece aluminum roof like our Lances had and the use of Azdel which is very important. Why are so many thinking it's so great and appealing? $28,000 is far from cheap for this very small inept specs TC.

Weight is nearly the same (within 100 lbs) scale weighed, of the Lance 9.5' long box non-slide well optioned TC we had for many years and had a one piece heavy gauge aluminum roof and also had two 20# horizontal PP tanks plus larger fresh and holding tanks. Foam-core wrapped arctic-pac including all removable storm windows and the removable carpet package. A wonderful TC with no repairs or leaks in the 13 years owned and used it a lot including all the states except Hawaii and most of Canada's Provinces. Itd really held it's resale value when we finally sold it too and the new owners just love it as we know them and see it quite often.

I sure can't see what's so great about the Cirrus! Retro?

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tcm article clicky
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
I think it looks decent. I would like to know how good it will look after a couple of decades in the hot Arizona sun.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting a link Bill!

This one is def. on the "follow" short list for me.

I like what I'm reading in the TCM article: one-piece aluminum roof (presumably heavier-gauge non-corrugated alumiunum); recirculating dual appliance, with hydronic in-floor heating system; aluminum frame structure with Azdel and closed-cell foam and Lamilux exterior (All the right stuff! I'd love to see if the shell wall lamination is fully or partly automated and done in a clean room!); cognizant of production flow (ie. turning production tap on too much to deliver your campers 2 days or a week faster can jeapardize every camper's quality thereafter upping the flow). Nice to hear that Little Guy is talking about this and making it known to the buyer cohort!

DeltaBravo wrote:
....the front market lights - they are installed in a manner which results in them not meeting proper light distribution requirements because they are angled back at a severe angle.

...um? Hard to say. We'd (i'd) need to see a ruling from DOT after DOT inspects "a prod. sample". So for me, jury is out on that...

S-
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
First think I noticed is the front market lights - they are installed in a manner which results in them not meeting proper light distribution requirements because they are angled back at a severe angle.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Out of curiosity, attempted to find a web site for these truck campers.

According to the response I got (I subscribed to receive notifications from them) the web site will launch in a few weeks. Specifically for the Cirrus truck campers.

So perhaps one can find out weights specifications and such then.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

flaxi
Explorer
Explorer
Alde heating System is very good and Froli bed System perfect !
The interiour has a pretty modern shape.
But I would prefer a U shape sofa....