cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for 26-30 BHS, not a "lite" model?

JLinder
Explorer
Explorer
After selling our Jayco 27BH we are looking for a slightly larger TT. Don't want much longer, but would like a slide (or even 2) and an outside kitchen.

The wish list:

2+ bunks
outside kitchen
u-shaped dinette
bike door something similar
max length stem to stern of 33'
NOT a "light weight" model (don't care for them)
gr/black tanks bigger the better

I had my heart set on the Nash 25C but the wife doesn't like the bunk situation, it's a little tight.

Our 27BH I guess would fit the light weight category but it was a little flimsy in places. Prefer the build quality of the AF and Nash trailers.

I have a 1T tow vehicle so not real concerned about weight in this size of trailer but do need to keep it under 33' for storage purposes.

Recommendations?
20 REPLIES 20

JLinder
Explorer
Explorer
The same guy that owns Northwood Mfg (Arctic Fox/Nash) also owns Outdoor RV. They are of the same quality as Arctic Fox/Nash but have some different floor plans. See this link

http://www.outdoorsrvmfg.com/creekside/models/23BHS.php

Check out Outdoor RV Creekside 27BH. We purchased last year replacing our Jayco 27BH. So far so good.

We did see some creekside models but no outdoor kitchen. They are nice rigs though. Does anybody know the difference between the Creekside and Black Rock models?

JLinder
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
The 29QBS meets almost all your needs, but its a hair over 33 feet long.

Thanks, I will revisit. I had originally scratched the 29QBS because of length and no bike door.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Interestingly, we wanted a U-shaped dinette in the worst way when we bought our last TT. But the salesman talked us out of it. Turns out he had just returned from a trip to Florida in an RV that had that type of dinette. And he said when the whole family sits at the table, everyone's legs smack into each other because there is virtually no leg room. So we went with a conventional dinette. For those with u-shaped dinettes, do you ever have any issues?
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

sportsman16
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Outdoor RV Creekside 27BH. We purchased last year replacing our Jayco 27BH. So far so good.

gme3470
Explorer
Explorer
The same guy that owns Northwood Mfg (Arctic Fox/Nash) also owns Outdoor RV. They are of the same quality as Arctic Fox/Nash but have some different floor plans. See this link

http://www.outdoorsrvmfg.com/creekside/models/23BHS.php

Couldn't get the link to highlight so you probably will have to copy and paste it if you are interested.
2022 F350
Nash 25C

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 29QBS meets almost all your needs, but its a hair over 33 feet long.

2 regular bunks and a third "double" size bunk
Outdoor kitchen standard
U shaped dinette
No bike door... but you can buy it with a receiver hitch and haul bikes or cargo behind.
I think its 34 feet long, but has a long A frame coupler
It is not a light weight trailer, mine is 7200 lbs with options
I have the Elite package with 88 gallon fresh, 39 gallon gray and 39 gallon black

I came from a Nash 22H, great little trailer. I love my new Jayco though, its pretty nice.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS